• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The obvious is in front of your face, and you are missing it.

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Most of the Panthers offense has regressed in a big way, even when they were healthy. 

You try playing in a bad scheme and with slow and bad play calls for a while, see how long you stay motivated. 

Chudzinski calling a beautiful game tonight for Andrew Luck and the Colts. Crushing the Jets, no let up. Maybe we could make an offseason trade for him.

Luck with career highs this year in QBR and Comp%

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

Didn't say that, but he's no where near what he was last year. There are 99 problems with this team this year and Cam IS one of them. 

You've been beating this anti-Newton drum for years. Get over it already. He's black, and he's our QB. You don't like it? There are other teams.

We couldn't beat the Bucs at home without him in what was the lowest scoring first half of the season at that point.

Our offense as a whole is struggling, it isn't one player. It begins, and ends with our OL. To top that all off, our play calling is simply not remotely adequate enough to compensate for our OL struggles.

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Idk how the defense gets a pass, but like I've said before Shula is low on the list of upgrades and changes needed to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I'll give the Defense a pass because it's kind of hard to be dominant when you live on the field. The secondary has made some costly mistakes, but aside from Boston, some of the young guys have stepped up. The D-line needs a true DE, Kony is a good rotational player but he's not starter material.

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Idk how the defense gets a pass, but like I've said before Shula is low on the list of upgrades and changes needed to be made.

The D doesn't get a pass, however, look at who McDermott has been dealing with in our defensive personnel, especially last night. Now Shula has been a problem for several seasons now. His lack of creativity and adjustments are a huge crutch to our team. He is a top priority on people in this organization that need to leave. 

We can scream "FIRE SHULA" all we want, but things won't get better until fundamental, structural issues on this roster are addressed. We currently have: 

- A defense predicated on rushing the passer with four players that is not generating pressure with four players

- Safeties that take bad angles and get lost in coverage

- An offensive line with virtually no depth and below average tackles

- An offense that lacks a second TE that can block or catch 

- An offense that lacks a shifty playmaker out of the slot

I'll give the Defense a pass because it's kind of hard to be dominant when you live on the field. The secondary has made some costly mistakes, but aside from Boston, some of the young guys have stepped up. The D-line needs a true DE, Kony is a good rotational player but he's not starter material.

The defense has more talent on its side then the offense yet they are underperforming greatly, in games where there not on the field much they still under perform

15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Shula begged for more and better players for the offense last offseason, he said other teams were onto them and they needed more talent. 

That in itself is an admission of being incapable to out think defensive coordinators and adjust. 

Don't get me wrong, I believe that we need a much better OC, but I can respect any man that can admit when he's wrong and when he needs help... Unfortunately they didn't listen to him

7 hours ago, Chief Keek said:

The defense is on pace to be the worst defense in franchise history.

You are giving that a pass because the young guys are shaping up so they do not have the ultimate failed defense?

The drop off on defense is by far greater than the drop off on offense. The drop off on offense was also expected. The drop off on defense is horrible and should not be tolerated.

21 hours ago, CRA said:

we invest on D and are a Defensive team...yet have zero defense. 

in an ideal world, based on our HC and GM, we are suppose to be a great defensively and an okay offensive team. 

yet we are asking the O to be the Carolina Panthers without the investment in talent or coaching.  Makes no sense. 

What's worse I don't even think we are asking the Offense to do that. If we were we wouldn't be punting the ball on crucial fourth downs. I think we are still trying to grind games out and keep them low scoring. That's why we get down by 23 and still run the ball on 1st and second down. 

In many ways didn't this team make the same assumption after the Jake meltdown vs Arizona?  The front office thought they were close and stayed status quo and got burned.

Same happened this offseason. Getty thought all i need to do is get rid of Norman's contract and with our front 7 surely we csn get by with a young secondary. 

Similarly with the offense.  They over thought the team chemistry thing and also thought status quo would be enough. 

Off the top of my head i think Carolina has the worst record out of all of last years playoff teams. Oye

Archived