• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The obvious is in front of your face, and you are missing it.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Maybe I should explain further.  Having a consistent voice at an early stage of a young quarterback's career can be very helpful in the their development instead of constantly switching offensive coordinators and systems.  This is why I think Shula has been good for Cam's development.  As for the mechanics, they look atrocious right now but they looked much better last year with better line play.  I remember seeing Wilson's poor mechanics last year behind his line.  Or when Kap looked like a good quarterback because of San Fran's line a couple years back.

I agree that consistency is a key, and part of that consistency should've been retraining Cam's mechanics so they don't get sloppy. And yes, a good OL makes any QB look a lot better (I'm looking at you, Dak). 

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Actually go back to the last game 

in Atlanta last year,  that is when it started and the Panthers had no answers then and they have no answers now and until some thing happens or someone fixes it, it will continue 

I mean come on, these are professional football coaches and personnel people. 

We aren't the ones missing the obvious THEY are

Exactly.  ATL was getting us on both sides, we couldn't stop the slants across the middle to save our lives.  Denver just laid out the blueprint for all to see.  No stew = no offense 

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Shula begged for more and better players for the offense last offseason, he said other teams were onto them and they needed more talent.

Was this part of what was behind the constant revolving door at TE and at one time having something like 8 or moreTEs on the 90 man roster?

And yet we've REGRESSED at TE...  Greg of course is still a STUD.  But there is literally NO ONE behind him I have any confidence in or hope for. 

Did anyone actually not expect any offensive regression after a record setting offensive season?

I am sure the lack of takeaways and short fields are contributing to the offensive regression.

The Panthers are still on pace to have the 6th best offensive production in franchise history.

The Panthers are on pace to have their worst defense in franchise history.

I am sure people will find a way to blame the offense for not out pacing the worst defense in franchise history.

At least the Panthers will finish around 18th in franchise history in point differential. If it were not for the offense, then the Panthers would have a point differential below -100 putting them along side the 2001 and 2010 teams.

So, the defense is just as bad as the 2001 and 2010 defenses, but the offense is keeping the team from hitting 2001/2010 levels.

Just pointing out some facts, but I am sure this defense has had little to no drop off from last season in some peoples' eyes.

I wonder what happened to the defense to make them drop off from the 8th best in franchise history to dead last? Anyone care to guess? The answer is not the offense.

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Did anyone actually not expect any offensive regression after a record setting offensive season?

I am sure the lack of takeaways and short fields are contributing to the offensive regression.

The Panthers are still on pace to have the 6th best offensive production in franchise history.

The Panthers are on pace to have their worst defense in franchise history.

I am sure people will find a way to blame the offense for not out pacing the worst defense in franchise history.

At least the Panthers will finish around 18th in franchise history in point differential. If it were not for the offense, then the Panthers would have a point differential below -100 putting them along side the 2001 and 2010 teams.

So, the defense is just as bad as the 2001 and 2010 defenses, but the offense is keeping the team from hitting 2001/2010 levels.

Just pointing out some facts, but I am sure this defense has had little to no drop off from last season in some peoples' eyes.

I wonder what happened to the defense to make them drop off from the 8th best in franchise history to dead last? Anyone care to guess? The answer is not the offense.

Norman and the now released vets hid a lot of this current roster's dead weight. And just how poorly constructed and stacked this defense is at the moment.

9 hours ago, Joe the Show said:

Dave made a point to draft big targets for Cam to help mask his inaccurate tendencies. He failed to realize that a big target who can't get open requires more accuracy than a smaller WR who can create separation. This offense needs some quickness at the skill positions. Then we can talk about running some shorter routes.

Sent from my XT1094 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

EXACTLY. Its ok to have 1 big target to bailout. But like last year we didnt have KB out there. I think KB may be too slow. I think the starting receivers shouldve been like last year Funchess, Ginn and Philly Brown. Put KB in there 3rd down and Goal line situations.

Norman and the now released vets hid a lot of this current roster's dead weight. And just how poorly constructed and stacked this defense is at the moment.

It is incredibly sad how terrible this defense is given how many first and second round draft picks are out there. But I guess that just goes to show that drafting a third linebacker and a 4th string dt in the first isn't a way to properly utilize draft picks. If we didn't have Luke and TD I don't want to even think of how much worse we would be. We'd probably give up 800 yards a game. Ron/McDermotts scheme just doesn't work unless you force insane amounts of turnovers.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Shula begged for more and better players for the offense last offseason, he said other teams were onto them and they needed more talent. 

That in itself is an admission of being incapable to out think defensive coordinators and adjust. 

No it isn't. It is recognition that scheme can only do so much h no matter how good the playcalling, you have to have the talent to run that scheme. Shula knows he needs good running backs and a good offensive line in order for him to be successful. Instead he has Stewart who is good when healthy and a mediocre line with 2 guys who can run block. He got nothing he needed and with all the injuries we have looked bad.

It isn't playcalling that breeds disinterest it is lack of success and feeling that you just don't have the horses to compete. Cam knows his line sucks and has for years.

6 minutes ago, Manos said:

It is incredibly sad how terrible this defense is given how many first and second round draft picks are out there. But I guess that just goes to show that drafting a third linebacker and a 4th string dt in the first isn't a way to properly utilize draft picks. If we didn't have Luke and TD I don't want to even think of how much worse we would be. We'd probably give up 800 yards a game. Ron/McDermotts scheme just doesn't work unless you force insane amounts of turnovers.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

McDermott's scheme is simple. Corner have to cover in man coverage, safeties have to be able to lay the wood and cover in space and linebackers need to be able to move around and make plays. The defensive line has to generate pressure with the front four. 

What do we have of that formula? We got the linebackers. That is it.

Archived