• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The obvious is in front of your face, and you are missing it.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Most of the Panthers offense has regressed in a big way, even when they were healthy. 

You try playing in a bad scheme and with slow and bad play calls for a while, see how long you stay motivated. 

Some of us have been bitching about that for some time.  Glad you posted this.  Fire shula!

57 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Only the defensive minded coaches that limit themselves and are closed minded. Look at the patriots. They haven't been a "defensive" team in years. They also make sure their OC is legit 

The Pats are the exception. Look at the vikes, Bills, Jets, Bears, Bengals, Rams, and Panthers. 

Most of the Panthers offense has regressed in a big way, even when they were healthy. 

You try playing in a bad scheme and with slow and bad play calls for a while, see how long you stay motivated. 

Serious question. You mentioned last preseason before KB got injured that he looked really really good. Is he possibly being cautious in his breaks right now? Cause his route running looks atrocious. 

42 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Shula has so much more talent to work with on his offense than many teams that are performing better. That is all that you need to know. 

Bingo.  I've been saying, Shula had his perfect storm last year.  Shula's offense is great...if he has an all pro O-line (Turner and Kalil), Running back (stewart), Pass catcher (olsen) and a superhuman QB playing the best ball of his life.  This year with injuries to his o-line, he has to scheme around it, and instead of that, he's doubled down on his idiotic play calls and run our offense into the ground.  The short to intermediate passing game has NOT BEEN USED AT ALL.  If you're gonna get 6'5 receivers and run them 40 yards down the field on 7 step drop backs, you're gonna fail with this O-line, every. single. TIME!  Shula has to go and if Ron refuses to let him go, then his ass needs to be shipped out too.

Just now, Snake said:

The Pats are the exception. Look at the vikes, Bills, Jets, Bears, Bengals, Rams, and Panthers. 

O no I agree with you 100%. What I'm saying is if you have a defensive minded coach you'd prefer it be someone who tries to win with defense at all costs 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

O no I agree with you 100%. What I'm saying is if you have a defensive minded coach you'd prefer it be someone who tries to win with defense at all costs 

Yea totally. Hopefully Dave does what he needs to and hires a OC and maybe even a better DC this offseason because unlike the Pats we dont have a genius coach. 

What gets me is we run the exact same 10 or 20 plays over and over and over again hoping for a different result when it didnt work the first time. Yea we can get up on teams but by the time the second half comes around opposing teams DC has sniffed it out and we have nothing to respond with but the exact same plays. We need a new OC. shula isn't the guy anymore. He had a good run but everyone knows what we are going to do which makes it easier for them to stop. Its almost shula came into the season high off of last year's success thinking that we can do something similar and didn't change a thing. Heads need to roll this off season. We got too much talent on offense to suck this bad. 

Shula begged for more and better players for the offense last offseason, he said other teams were onto them and they needed more talent. 

That in itself is an admission of being incapable to out think defensive coordinators and adjust. 

that is the way the league works. There's no hidden implication to it. Every team all across the league strives to be different from year to year, the good ones anyways.

"why couldn't Shula just adjust to having the worst OT pairing the league has seen this decade? Throw slants to our lightning fast, immensely quick and precise WRs!"

see how stupid that sounds?

People advocate sentimental change for buzzwords rather than looking at this teams personnel and what we are capable/incapable of

"ugh Shula run the ball and stop the run and defense wins championships its not that hard"

Al Michaels last night: "Well... that play didn't fool anybody."

1 hour ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Cam's development has been part of the problem here. He still has a tendency for his mechanics to get sloppy, and right now, they're atrocious. Additionally, the read-option has been both a boon and a bust for him. And now that he's tired of getting pounded (often illegally, I might add) whenever he does run, it's become a liability here. A good OC (and QB coach) would've hammered into Cam long ago the need for solid pass mechanics and not just tell him "here...just run that thing you did so well in JUCO and college...oh, and just sling the ball off your back foot when the O-line can't block anyone". Shula is to BLAME for Cam's problems, not to laud for Cam's occasional brilliance. 

Maybe I should explain further.  Having a consistent voice at an early stage of a young quarterback's career can be very helpful in the their development instead of constantly switching offensive coordinators and systems.  This is why I think Shula has been good for Cam's development.  As for the mechanics, they look atrocious right now but they looked much better last year with better line play.  I remember seeing Wilson's poor mechanics last year behind his line.  Or when Kap looked like a good quarterback because of San Fran's line a couple years back.

Well I'll say this, you play to your Jimmy's and your Joe's. That's what Belicheck does, That's what Pete Carroll does.

I feel like we traded one Fox for another fox.

We caught fire in 2013 and 2015 simply because our Jimmy's and Joe's match the scheme.

I leave 2014 out because that's a joke and we won a playoff game should be because Our division was horrible and we won a playoff game simply because Arizona had no quarterback.

In a normal year we did 2013 and 2015 is good seasons. The personnel fit in the personnel now suck and the scheme sucks.

You have to get someone who can change to the Jimmy's and the Joe's. and we also have to get some better Joe's

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived