• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The obvious is in front of your face, and you are missing it.

Jeremy Igo

Offense is slow and predictible. Read option doesn't fool anyone when the coaches and the QB have decided he isn't going to run like he usually does. Then playing long complicated routes using bigger slower receivers with a line that can't block anyone for extended periods of time spells disaster. There are other quick route options than slants.

38 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Most of the Panthers offense has regressed in a big way, even when they were healthy. 

You try playing in a bad scheme and with slow and bad play calls for a while, see how long you stay motivated. 

Think that's more the whole team honestly. I am really starting to believe that defensive minded coaches cause these situations and also make bad coaches in the new NFL. 

46 minutes ago, Growl said:

Teams are attacking us very similarly to the same way Denver did in the Super Bowl.

And its almost like what people said in the off season about the offense needing wholesale roster turnover is completely true.

Actually go back to the last game 

in Atlanta last year,  that is when it started and the Panthers had no answers then and they have no answers now and until some thing happens or someone fixes it, it will continue 

I mean come on, these are professional football coaches and personnel people. 

We aren't the ones missing the obvious THEY are

Dave made a point to draft big targets for Cam to help mask his inaccurate tendencies. He failed to realize that a big target who can't get open requires more accuracy than a smaller WR who can create separation. This offense needs some quickness at the skill positions. Then we can talk about running some shorter routes.

Sent from my XT1094 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So many factors going into this but the season will need a fall guy and looking around the team Shula is the most likely choice.  I'm glad Shula has stayed around as long as he has because I think he has been important for Cam's development, but at this stage a new offensive coordinator might not be bad.

28 minutes ago, Snake said:

Think that's more the whole team honestly. I am really starting to believe that defensive minded coaches cause these situations and also make bad coaches in the new NFL. 

Only the defensive minded coaches that limit themselves and are closed minded. Look at the patriots. They haven't been a "defensive" team in years. They also make sure their OC is legit 

Archived