• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen doesn't mince words.

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't see a lack of effort from Cam.

I do see a lack of fun.

I think this season has beaten him up both physically and mentally,  and I'm certainly not the first person to say that. Doubt I'll be the last.

This is what it is. I see frustration from not only him, but people like Greg. I don't think he's lacking effort because we've seen him try to make something happen out of nothing. But he's ONE player. He can't make holes open up, he can't make receivers catch, he can't make linemen block. That's frustrating but I do not think he's lacking effort. He's definitely physically and mentally beat up and anyone who denies that, is a fool. 

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

I thought about putting him too but almost no one on this board sees it for what he is right now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't necessarily Cam quits until he sees the bad playcalling , drop passes, and bad routes, plays not getting called in time, blown tackles..wouldn't you get frustrated and say to hell with it...I know Cam is not perfect by any means but he is playing with only greg, norwell, kahlil, ginn, olsen stewart the rest are just bodies on the field.

13 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

I think it's the highs and lows thing.  We saw a different Cam last season when, for whatever reason, everything seemed to come together.  Now, when everything seems to be going against us, he is regressing in his play as well as his leadership.  He can't overcome it.  It's frustrating to see from your franchise, NFL MVP quarterback. 

You just made up a bunch of bullshit. Expected.

18 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

I think it's the highs and lows thing.  We saw a different Cam last season when, for whatever reason, everything seemed to come together.  Now, when everything seems to be going against us, he is regressing in his play as well as his leadership.  He can't overcome it.  It's frustrating to see from your franchise, NFL MVP quarterback. 

I don't think he's regressing in his leadership. I do think he operates on highs and lows. He's one of those overachieving people and when it's good, it's great. When it's bad, God watch out. But even while losing or in tight situations I've seen him on the sideline motivating teammates and such. I do believe he's frustrated and frustration will have you looking like a deer in headlights in situations. There's only so much he can do on the field and in the locker room. He can tell his guys all day what they need to do as a unit and and motivate them but when are guys held accountable  for motivating themselves and even meeting him half way with the effort? Because there's only a handful on offense who is doing that currently. 

Cam has not played well this year but can we honestly say that the FO has done everything in its power to surround him with the best talent. I saw the Raiders go out and get Donald Penn and Kelechi Osmele. Seattle talent on offense is not the best but I see them constantly churning their roster to find UDFA that are willing to eat from a dumpster to stay on the team. We desperately needed a second TE for years after Shockey left and have been content with a complete scrub in Dickson. Guys that are long in the tooth in Mike Tolbert. There was not enough competition in training camp to put anyone on notice. 

Edit: Why can't this guy get a real job? LB coach? Special teams? something.

If I am a GM, my top priority for any vacancy goes to people that have been a head coach before. It is always a good idea. See: Mike Tice, Brad Childress, Jack Del Rio, Romeo Crennel, Josh McDaniels, Todd Haley, Scott Linehan, Wade Phillips.... I'm sure there are plenty more.

This game and lack of overall talent and effort on the field, appears to me as a hangover from last week.  I really felt this team, as a whole, left it all on the field in Oakland.  The energy in the second half of that game was all out effort.  Ron Rivera killed the energy when he chose to punt on 4th and 1.  The defense was hurt and tired.  The players expended a lot of emotion last week and still lost.  That has to be frustrating and probably sucked the will out of this entire roster.  Add the injuries and makeshift Oline and we get what happened last night in Seattle.  Players like Greg, TD and Cam will always come out with the intent to win a game, regardless of the players around them, but players with less skill and mental fortitude probably have a hard time recovering from losses like the one in Oakland.  Then Rivera, on top of everything else, benches his best player because of a wardrobe violation.  That really had to deflate the offense, if not a lot of the players as well.  There was a lot of talk about how Rivera was talking to Madden and other coaches to avoid the Superb Owl hangover.  He might have a tougher time recovering from this season's hangover.  Just my two cents.

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Yes, clearly. I mean Hurney's picks beyond the first round should be playing in place of Turner, Norwell, Larsen, D. Williams, Funchess, Benjamin, Ginn, Brown, Shaq, Ealy, Star, Short, Bradberry, Worley, Boston, etc.

Who are they again? Fua? E.Brown? Colbert? Pickles? S. Martin? Adams? Edwards? 

Yep, let's get them to start. What?! Some of these guys aren't in the NFL anymore? Nooooooo way!

I would rather Godfrey or Martin play in place of Boston, yes

Your premise is also flawed because it's been four years since Hurney left, so naturally some of his misses aren't going to be in the league

You think all of G-Man's busts will be in the league in four years? L O fuging L

Archived