• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone talk me down....

Jeremy Igo

If the secondary can generate takeaways, make a statement against the outside runs and deliver drive stopping plays consistently, then you can get excited.

If you believe the secondary will not be physical, will play 10 yards off receivers, will get blocked easily, will get turned around by the ball carrier, will not be able to produce takeaways in close game situation, and will allow first downs consistently, then you can slam the door shut on the season.

I believe Cam Newton and the offense can produce points - even with the patch work OL. I do not believe the offense is in a good position to play from behind in the 4th quarter because of the OL with Gano as the kicker in the clutch.

I do believe the front 7 will shut down the run between the tackles. I believe the DL will generate enough of a pass rush to be competitive.

The season will come down to the tone the secondary sets. The rest of the team on offense and defensive front 7 are not strong enough to carry a lack luster secondary. The secondary must make an impact and change the outcome of games if you want to believe in an outside shot.

Do you believe this secondary can do what the Chiefs, Seahawks, and Vikings do to impact games? I have yet to see it. Thomas Davis still leads the team in the takeaways.

The secondary needs to be a takeaway producer, or the offense needs to play perfect. Rarely do we see an offense play to perfection like the Cowboys have been doing this season. The Panthers offense is dangerous all the time, but with Cam Newton, the OTs, and receivers who lack consistency catching the ball you have little chance for the Panthers offense to play a perfect game.

That is how I see it. So, with the way the Panthers are built and the coaches call game, the success of the team can be pinned directly on the secondary. The Panthers have a great LB unit, but asking them to play at that top level and compensate for the weaknesses in the secondary while complimenting a dangerous hit or miss offense is far too much to ask of any LB unit.

We're playing with starters who would be practice squad heroes on other teams, our OC thinks the perfect call for 3rd and 15 is a draw up the middle... 

Only way we make the Postseason is if Jerry can somehow pad Goodell's wallet enough which in turn would effect how refs called games for our division foes which means they don't win another game and we win out.

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

this game is going to get ugly. I can already see the narrative for tomorrow's hot takes and mainstream spots talk:

SEAHAWKS DOMINATE REESTABLISH THEMSELF AS NFC POWERHOUSE WITH THROTTLING OF PANTHERS

CAM NEWTON HAS HORRIBLE GAME (no mention of horrendous OL play or playcalling) SULKS ON SIDELINES AND AVOIDS HARD QUESTIONS IN PRESSER. ARE HIS BEST DAYS BEHIND HIM?

Won the thread....that somehow exists and is serious? was serious? Igo be playin

Archived