• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's The End of the World

Newtcase

Um ok.  In other news. Ive been telli g people all season it was weird that rivera kept comparing the panthers to the broncos that went to the super bowl then needed a year to regroup so to speak.  He mentioned that quite a few times.  I firmly believe this was tbe plan all along.  Get the rookies some experience and not waste money on high price free agents on a throw away season.  It would explain the non urgency by rivera and staff to win.

8 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Um ok.  In other news. Ive been telli g people all season it was weird that rivera kept comparing the panthers to the broncos that went to the super bowl then needed a year to regroup so to speak.  He mentioned that quite a few times.  I firmly believe this was tbe plan all along.  Get the rookies some experience and not waste money on high price free agents on a throw away season.  It would explain the non urgency by rivera and staff to win.

That makes sense, but do you think they would honestly "throw away" a season. Cam and Luke aren't getting younger know what I mean.

11 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

That makes sense, but do you think they would honestly "throw away" a season. Cam and Luke aren't getting younger know what I mean.

Don't think it was intended to be a "throw away" season but I don't think they expected to be back this year. If things bounce our way in those close games we'd be in great position to make the playoffs. That didn't happen, which sucks but there's definitely reasons to be excited about the future still.

I wonder if the thinking was that with KB coming back the offense would be more potent, so it could make up for the decline in the defense with throwing rookie DBs and scrubs out there. Or who in the hell knows what Gettleman was thinking, but I can't imagine he thought we'd be marching into the playoffs. Anyone could see the Remmers was easy to exploit in the SB. None of the o-linemen in the draft would have been an upgrade over Remmers? C'mon. We just had to have Worley and Sanchez? I was pulling my hair out in the off season. We CANNOT have another off season like 2016 or we're finished. Problem areas have to be addressed. You can't just close you're eyes and rub you big belly for luck. The decline has been shocking but you could see it coming. Not spending, letting a superstar walk, starting rookies, adding scrubs, you had a bad feeling. Still I wanted to be extremely optimistic. Nope. If it looks bad in the off season, then it's going to be bad in the regular season.  

Archived