• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirk cousins wasn't sacked on 51 pass attempts...

johnking3194

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

You could also learn from the Chiefs, Jags, Ealgels  and a few other teams that spent high draft picks on "franchise" tackles that either moved inside or to the right side. 

Unfortunately we have been too good to draft that high. I mean players slip but not often when gourmet talking about the blind side. 

2 hours ago, Peppers90 NC said:

I highlighted this not to discount everything else you said but there are two aspects of Cam's game that I think he could improve on. One is this, the best QBs anticipate when a receiver will be open and throw to those areas accordingly = quicker release and less time holding the ball = less sacks/hits on the QB. Secondly, Cam's pocket presence and pocket movement are big deficiencies that seem to have gotten worse this year, especially the awareness aspect. Pocket movement is more associated with footwork which he has always struggled with. 

Agreed. I think the coaching staff deserves most of the blame. Cam’s footwork and mechanics hasn't changed since his rookie year. If cam was better at moving up in the pocket that alone would make a huge difference for the O-line and the offense. The only thing that has changed since his rookie year is the mental aspects. It seems like the coaching staff is content on letting cam use his natural abilities and his running abilities to get by. Cam has too much talent for it to be wasted.    

55 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

If he could improve in those areas, we wouldnt need 5 first round picks on the o-line and those resources could be spent on the defense.

Cam has looked damn good throughout his career throwing quick lasers to guys like Olsen, and Benjamin when his OL wasn't woefully overmatched the millisecond we hike the ball.

Yeah he could play better this year, but you can't really evaluate his mechanics when he has clearly lost trust in his OL, I mean who wouldn't in these circumstances? Not to mention that as soon as he gets the ball he is bracing for another heavy hit potentially against the helmet that the refs are unwilling to protect him from.

Yeah we want him to be the best QB possible, but you also have to put him in a reasonable position to succeed. When we can't run the ball because our OL can't run block, and we can't pass block for poo, bad things are eventually going to happen.

Anyone expecting Cam or any QB for that matter to magically exhibit near flawless mechanics under these circumstances is living in a dream world.

1 hour ago, Peppers90 NC said:

If he could improve in those areas, we wouldnt need 5 first round picks on the o-line and those resources could be spent on the defense.

Hahahaha

Remind me again how fatass spent all of his resources this past draft? It's about damn time someone takes building a offense around Cam seriously.

For starters maybe giving him a true number 2 WR instead of another LaFell. Or maybe he could replace the slot receiver we lost this past offseason. Cam's numbers against the blitz this season have dropped off from last year due to not having a slot WR. Boldin signed for 2.75 mill... you're telling me we couldn't even afford that?

This isn't f'n rocket science guys. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

That doesn't happen.  this would be where I'd ask if you even watch the games, but i can tell that it not worth the time, when you are so willing to ignore the truth.

Unless you got some coaches film not sure how u can make such a statement. 

Someone seriously needs to break down one of our games with the coaches film and track our routes etc. 

8 hours ago, Snake said:

Kinda hard to improve when you have a bump ankle and are getting smaked every 3rd play. 

Bum ankle was last year. His MVP year. This year I think it's blitzes up the middle which forces him to step back instead of up. Plus lack of separation by our WR's.

Archived