• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone explain for me please...

Jeremy Igo

We wanted to run the ball to try to run the clock and the running game was so bad up to that point, they probably just figured lets let our best player run the ball and see if he can make a play or open some things up. 

Looks like the play went bad when Olsen got tossed to the side, because Norwell had to block that guy instead of being able to reach the LB.

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

2nd and 10. 

4th quarter. 

Need to run the clock. 

You are without your starting and backup center. Your QB has taken a lot of hits this year. 

Saints show cover 1, 8 in the box, looking for run obviously. 

So this is the best you can come up with?

giphy.gif

All goes back to horrible play in front of Cam.

watch the pulling guard.  He pulls and comes around and instead of blocking the guy who tackles Cam he ends up blocking the dude who tosses Olsen aside effortlessly that basically blows it all up. 

I know it is another easy chance to bash Shula but Olsen didn't hang with his dude for even a second....and that was the matchup that makes or breaks the play

There is no explanation other than Shula is gonna Shula.

I'm afraid the window for this team is going to shrink as long as Rivera and Shula remain at the helm. They want to use Cam like a RB instead of a QB and the Defense lives on the field. Defense not getting any rest contributes to injuries too.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

All goes back to horrible play in front of Cam.

watch the pulling guard.  He pulls and comes around and instead of blocking the guy who tackles Cam he ends up blocking the dude who tosses Olsen aside effortlessly that basically blows it all up. 

Sorry, that play had zero chance before the snap. None. Two others waiting to take a shot on Cam if he didn't. 

2 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

There is no explanation other than Shula is gonna Shula.

I'm afraid the window for this team is going to shrink as long as Rivera and Shula remain at the helm. They want to use Cam like a RB instead of a QB and the Defense lives on the field. Defense not getting any rest contributes to injuries too.

Honestly, I think the window  has closed, actually slammed shut. 

Why pick on one play when Cam hasn't thrown well enough to move the offense and protect a lead for multiple games? The drive after the Saints scored they threw three straight times and couldn't even complete a screen pass. 

Blaming Shula is silly and removes Cam and Rivera who are definitely making decisions. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sorry, that play had zero chance before the snap. None. Two others waiting to take a shot on Cam if he didn't. 

Pulling guard is suppose to take out 54.  

That puts Cam one on one with their LB  easy 5 yard power run dialed up.  Yeah, that S was going to come down and meet that collision but that doesn't mean anything. 

Werent we looking for 5 yard type runs in that situation? 

If Olsen remotely blocks his guy so the pulling G can hit the hole....THAT is a clock killing type run play. 

Archived