• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At least it isn't 2014

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

iirc that season turned around when Shula implemented a no-huddle offense at the start of the Saints game in New Orleans

Lot of different factors. Changing personnel on both sides of the ball was probably the biggest in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't the offensive improvement also coincide with Silatolu being replaced by Norwell?

Silatolu got hurt but he was actually playing very well before he got hurt. It actually coincided more with Tolbert getting back in the lineup

58 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

iirc that season turned around when Shula implemented a no-huddle offense at the start of the Saints game in New Orleans

Yea I think removing Shula a bit from the in game decision making process a bit helped more than any of the above factors, but it all played a part. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Except in 2014, the Falcons and Saints were also 4-6. 

The Saints are 4-6. The Falcons are heading that way as Kyle Shanahan is inevitably figured out. We should be 4-0 since the bye however due to a fluke play we are 3-1. The team is streaky and right now a win streak is brewing as is usual in November and December. 

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Here's a handy little graphic to put things in perspective.  14th seed as of today.  We have a LONG way to go.

So realistically, who do we see falling apart?  Right now, the NFC East would send three teams to playoffs.  We will have to win out at 10-6, which is a VERY tall order to start things.  Then Washington and/or the Giants would have to lose out.  I don't have the energy to play what if on the schedules.  Anyone up for that?

While we're doing better than we did in 2014, the NFC South was an absolute mess.  We stuck it out and managed to win it that year.  This year, I'm not sure we'll be able to do that.  Cam played well in the 2nd half of 2014.  This year, Cam and the offense has been not quite putrid, but not near as good as they were in 2014 or 2015.  We can't run the ball effectively.  We're not causing enough turnovers, we have turned it over too much.  Considering the way things are, it doesn't look pretty for us for the remainder of 2016.

I'd love to be wrong.  I'd love for us to win out and possibly make the playoffs.  I just don't see us able to this season.  We're not making enough plays, especially in the 2nd half of games, to be successful.  Honestly, we lucked out a bit with NO.  You can't NOT score in the 2nd half and expect to be a winner.  Something has to give there.

Archived