• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: Grade the Offensive Play Calling

Jeremy Igo

Offensive Play Calling  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade the offensive play calling last night?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Although I'm a detractor of the playcalling, in my opinion with Shula it's the play design that's the bigger issue. And it comes into clear contrast when we play a team like the Saints.

Sean Payton may lack a few things as a head coach, but his play designs are genius. The route coordination, the blocking schemes, the natural picks he creates... all just phenomenal.

I just don't see those things in the plays we run.

On the play that saved the game, the long pass to KB, if the Saints had blitzed like everyone in the world thought they would, Cam had no outlet because all WRS were running deep routes. It would have been a sack and a probable Saints win. Shula still doesn't realize that it takes a WR longer to run 20 yards than a defender to run 5 yards to sack Cam.

6 minutes ago, rodeo said:

On the play that saved the game, the long pass to KB, if the Saints had blitzed like everyone in the world thought they would, Cam had no outlet because all WRS were running deep routes. It would have been a sack and a probable Saints win. Shula still doesn't realize that it takes a WR longer to run 20 yards than a defender to run 5 yards to sack Cam.

Honestly watching the replay though. KB wasn't really open. Cam threw it in a hole and hoped he would grab it.

B- in the first half. F+ in the 2nd half. The only reason he gets the + in the 2nd half is because Kelvin caught that ball and we held on for dear life.

I'm sure the Saints are frustrated with their OC today as well. On their last TD drive they were still running the ball and huddling up after every play. It was clear that our pass rush was gassed. Without Johnson on the field if they would've went to a pass happy hurry up, they would've straight eaten us alive over the middle of the field. If they score with around 5 minutes left (which was easily doable) versus only 3 minutes left, they probably win the game.

Archived