• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

33 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Saying Cam is part of the problem is like saying Luke is part of the problem for missing tackles

Ah, the infallible QB stuff huh?

Cam is part of the problem this year, deal with it.  He's not playing as well as he did last year...but the same can be said for almost every single player on the roster.  There have been very few bright spots this season, but to overlook Cam is disingenuous at best.

25 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Only idiots wanted Cam traded.  Only shortsighted somewhat fans only compared him to Vick and Russell.  

You are fighting against the dumbest on the board, when there is no need for it.

As to the not building around Cam thing that many of you toted around....it's just BS.  Could we have done things better?  Hell yea, just like every other NFL team.  Many on this board were screaming bloody murder that we didn't surround Cam with talent like Grigson did with Luck....you see how that played out?

Cam is a great QB, a franchise QB....the first one in Panthers history, but he isn't without faults, and there is nothing wrong with examining them, and hoping that Cam get's better...nothing in the world.

You really gotta drag the Luck thing back into this? I don't give a poo about the Colts. Their problem is they didn't address their defense, and it blew up in their face.

Balance is needed. Those first few years in Newton's career, yeah we needed to build around him more. If you don't think so then I can't help you.

The problem right now is we've been getting by on merely putting bandaids on our OL ever since Gross retired in hopes that Newton can compensate for the difference on sheer talent alone. We've now finally reached the breaking point that no bandaid can fix it anymore. We should have put forth a better effort in the offseason to address the OT depth, but we didnt, and now, like the Colts that you insisted on injecting into the convo, out failure has blown up in our faces. It's that simple.

So the consensus is that we bench Cam and let a mediocre wh...I mean quarterback come in and read the field and come up perfect, even behind this line. Some of you act like Cam had an offensive luxury six years straight. He can't do his job without everybody else doing theirs. Period, point blank. Maybe we should just bench him though because you know, DA is like better at these things. 

Just now, TheRed said:

You really gotta drag the Luck thing back into this? I don't give a poo about the Colts. Their problem is they didn't address their defense, and it blew up in their face.

Balance is needed. Those first few years in Newton's career, yeah we needed to build around him more. If you don't think so then I can't help you.

The problem right now is we've been getting by on merely putting bandaids on our OL ever since Gross retired in hopes that Newton can compensate for the difference on sheer talent alone. We've now finally reached the breaking point that no bandaid can fix it anymore. We should have put forth a better effort in the offseason on to address the OT depth, but we didnt, and now, like the Colts that you insisted on injecting into the convo, out failure has blown up in our faces. It's that simple.

Cams first year here we had a HOF WR, two of the best pass catching TE's in the NFL, and two O linemen that were the best in the biz at their position, and two 1st round running backs.  Since then, the defense has gotten better, we lost some guys to retirement, and we haven't been able to address the offensive tackle position.

Again, not saying we couldn't have done more, but we did have a mess of a cap issue to handle back then also.

Like I said in another post, much of this issue would have remedied itself had we taken Cordy Glenn rather than Amini..but that is water under the bridge.

One thing I always ask though, how would you have fixed the O line exactly?  I don't get many responses from that line of questioning.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

Will you also be creating a thread on that insane throw, and catch with Ted, Jeremy? Or are negative Cam Newton threads the easier route? 

Cmon now. We all know Cam is good and we all know Jeremy is a fan of cams, he's just offering perspective and thoughts for discussion. Cam is our guy and will always be our guy.

7 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

So the consensus is that we bench Cam and let a mediocre wh...I mean quarterback come in and read the field and come up perfect, even behind this line. Some of you act like Cam had an offensive luxury six years straight. He can't do his job without everybody else doing theirs. Period, point blank. Maybe we should just bench him though because you know, DA is like better at these things. 

Not one mother fuger has brought up race, sitting Cam, or trading him until this bullshit.

Please stop with the foolishness.

Cam missed a wide open throw that he should, and typically does make...nothing wrong with talking about it.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ed Dickson all alone in the end zone for an easy one. Cam keyed in on Olsen. 

giphy.gif

I just hate when he does those complete 360 turns in the pocket.  It is a complete waste of movement and an absolute gift for any defense that is blitzing.  Now I'm not picking on Cam, but I think these kinds of movements will forever be a part of his game, which is unfortunate.

If he didn't have this stipulation, his game could be taken to even more heights.  For instance, what if he simply did a 180 degree turn to his left, go through his progression like Brees was practicing pre-game?  He would have easily seen Dickson wide open for a touchdown.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Not one mother fuger has brought up race, sitting Cam, or trading him until this bullshit.

Please stop with the foolishness.

Cam missed a wide open throw that he should, and typically does make...nothing wrong with talking about it.

Shut up because we all know where it's going. You didn't have to say bench Cam but talking about how he's not good and he's not this and he's not that, might as well say sit him and start dA. 

Nothing is wrong with talking about missing wide open throws just like nothing is wrong with talking about the lack of trust and drops and everything else. 

But we won and this is what we complain about....a play that had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Annoying as f-ck. 

Just now, truthjuice said:

Shut up because we all know where it's going. You didn't have to say bench Cam but talking about how he's not good and he's not this and he's not that, might as well say sit him and start dA. 

Nothing is wrong with talking about missing wide open throws just like nothing is wrong with talking about the lack of trust and drops and everything else. 

But we won and this is what we complain about....a play that had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Annoying as f-ck. 

Show me one instance in this thread before you spit up in here where someone mentioned Derek Anderson, benching Cam, or race.

You are a child.

Also, no one in this thread is questioning if Cam is good or not, just that he isn't playing as well as we are accustomed to seeing.....and guess what, it's not all his fault.

I know that's hard for you to comprehend.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Geez. You really need to relax a bit. No one is saying replace him. He's not perfect and in many ways he seems to have gotten worse in the not throwing the ball away phase of his game. All you need to do is watch the Tampa bay game to know we don't want DA starting. Cam plays that week and we win easy since their DL was in shambles.

I think some of the sacks are his fault but stem from the coaching like this play. I think we feed Cam that he can make any play at any time and like Roethlisberger he tries to extend plays he shouldn't. We cannot take a sack at the 1 yard line when it isn't 3rd down and we'll kick a FG anyway. The thing is that he turned a terrible way which took him out of what should be a quick pass. Kind of like an outfielder turning the wrong way on a fly ball and getting crossed up. That play IMHO is coaching. QBs need to know what to do and read and make.

I know it's easy to blame the OL, but there's been way too many times this year where either we should have just run or Cam needs to know a sack is way worse than a throw away. When you've lost 4 games by 3 or less, losing FG opportunities and not getting TDs on 1st and goals cannot happen. We've gotten a total of 3 points from the 10 and twice from the 1 on 1st and goal.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Well I've never been on team start DA but there's only a matter of time before that comes up. You and I both know this. 

I agree with you about better coaching. Because that's where it starts. It's clear they've gotten comfortable in that Cam can make a play at any time. I think sometimes the offense feels like that. So all that, its not really fair to him to take half the criticism he takes at times especially on here. It's irritating at times. Like nobody is appreciating the good plays. We're talking about this one play. Dumb. 

15 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Cams first year here we had a HOF WR, two of the best pass catching TE's in the NFL, and two O linemen that were the best in the biz at their position, and two 1st round running backs.  Since then, the defense has gotten better, we lost some guys to retirement, and we haven't been able to address the offensive tackle position.

Again, not saying we couldn't have done more, but we did have a mess of a cap issue to handle back then also.

Like I said in another post, much of this issue would have remedied itself had we taken Cordy Glenn rather than Amini..but that is water under the bridge.

One thing I always ask though, how would you have fixed the O line exactly?  I don't get many responses from that line of questioning.

Shockey was here one year, Gross retired, then we released Smith. We had a lot of turnover in those first couple of years that shook things up as well. Two first round running backs, lol you seriously hanging your hat on that right now after all the bitching about their contracts? Did either of them ever touch 1,000 yards rushing the last 6 years? I think Stewart came close last season, just shy. And voila, we went 17-2.

We couldn't have acquired some reasonable depth? I'm not asking for all pros or pro bowlers here if that is what you are implying which it seems to be. Think about guys like Norwell. There is adequate talent out there. Either way, this offseason our OL absolutely has to be a main focal point. We cannot half ass it.

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Show me one instance in this thread before you spit up in here where someone mentioned Derek Anderson, benching Cam, or race.

You are a child.

Also, no one in this thread is questioning if Cam is good or not, just that he isn't playing as well as we are accustomed to seeing.....and guess what, it's not all his fault.

I know that's hard for you to comprehend.

Did I not say it was bound to come up?? Because this is the huddle and that's what happens. 

No one is questioning if he's good or not but that's not what I just read lmao. 

I agreed with you actually at first that he was not looking like himself and wasn't seeing the field clearly so I acknowledge that Cam is not Cam of last year, so get your panties out of a wad. But neither is the rest of the team. i know what the fug I'm reading and comprehending. It's Friday, you should be enjoying it and appreciating a win. 

Lol getting in your feelings and taking it personal lmao. Cam missed an open receiver, big deal. It didn't cost us the game or the season 

Just now, TheRed said:

Shockey was here one year, then we released Smith. We had a lot of turnover in those first couple of years that shook things up as well. Two first round running backs, lol you seriously hanging your hat on that right now after all the bitching about their contracts? Did either of them ever touch 1,000 yards rushing the last 6 years? I think Stewart came close last season, just shy. And voila, we went 17-2.

We couldn't have acquired some reasonable depth? I'm not asking for all pros or pro bowlers here if that is what you are implying which it seems to be. Think about guys like Norwell. There is adequate talent out there. Either way, this offseason our OL absolutely has to be a main focal point. We cannot half ass it.

I hated the contracts of Stew and Williams, not the players...you know that.

I'm just saying that this team did have some talent the first couple years Cam was here, not that we couldn't do better.

As to the focal point...I 100% agree with you.  I wanted talent brought in, but that didn't happen...that said, I'm not positive that there was that much talent out there to be honest...at least at the T position.

1 minute ago, truthjuice said:

Did I not say it was bound to come up?? Because this is the huddle and that's what happens. 

No one is questioning if he's good or not but that's not what I just read lmao. 

I agreed with you actually at first that he was not looking like himself and wasn't seeing the field clearly so I acknowledge that Cam is not Cam of last year, so get your panties out of a wad. But neither is the rest of the team. i know what the fug I'm reading and comprehending. It's Friday, you should be enjoying it and appreciating a win. 

Lol getting in your feelings and taking it personal lmao. Cam missed an open receiver, big deal. It didn't cost us the game or the season 

So the consensus is that we bench Cam and let a mediocre wh...I mean quarterback come in and read the field and come up perfect, even behind this line.

Above is what you started with....meaning that's what everyone in this thread is leading toward.....when not one person mentioned anything like that.

Do you know what consensus means?

Archived