• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

It's not pointless, it's a forum built around football discussions.  There is nothing wrong with discussing plays, good or bad.

Cam is part of the problem this season, along with tons of others.

It all starts up front....as gman says...Cam is shell shocked that he has no shell.  Dickson is not reliable. He would have thrown it if he had got the turn..i think maybe he didn't want to give dickson away..sort of likee the Olsen play when threw back across his body..this time Scott blocked no one and with his back turned to him ran right into the sack..with that being said they should have just ran it..its too conjested in the endzone to throw anyways..unless on third but you have cam, stewand yes even tolbert.

It was probably his third read and he clearly does trust o-line to give him time to get there.

You can literally do this for everyone.  When we played GB a few years back Rodgers also missed a wide open guy in the end zone.  Last week Alex Smith missed a wide open guy.

Poo happens.  Deal with it and focus on the guy throwing a laser beam 40 yards with hand all in his face to Ted Ginn, or navigating traffic to find Kelvin Benjamin to essentially win the game for us.

Yeah...so this thread fell off a cliff fast. Either way, I lost it when Cam didn't even look at Dickson on this play and did his patented scramble/roll left. Unfortunately, this has become all too familiar for DE's in the NFL, especially a division rival. 1st at fault is the shitty play call. 2nd is Cam for missing a wide open receiver. End of discussion. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Great QB's see the field much quicker. That is an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady TD 10 times out of 10. Cam has to improve in this area. 

I don't know about 10 times out of 10, but you're right Cam need improvement. Remember the end of the Packers game last year? Rodgers threw the game losing pick but on the play he had a guy wide open in the end zone for an easy TD if he saw him. Even the Bradys and Rodgers don't see the field perfectly every play.

11 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm gonna kind of be an asshole here. But this is not really directed at you. Just in general.

When people say things like this, the first thing that comes to mind is the half a decade worth of bullshit that myself, and many others have had to wade through, and watch Newton endure. From the outright racism, and stereotyping with only comparing him to black quarterbacks like Vick or Russell before he was even drafted to this team, to the people who couldn't wait to pop up, and say "I told you so" in the instant he made a negative play. People here have been tolerating him, openly wanted him traded in 2013 before we went on that run, and just generally behaved like a bunch of ungrateful asshats.

So to you or anyone calling me a Cam "cheerleader", my response is, eat my ass if you don't like it. It isn't changing. I'm seasoned. Get used to it.  

Only idiots wanted Cam traded.  Only shortsighted somewhat fans only compared him to Vick and Russell.  

You are fighting against the dumbest on the board, when there is no need for it.

As to the not building around Cam thing that many of you toted around....it's just BS.  Could we have done things better?  Hell yea, just like every other NFL team.  Many on this board were screaming bloody murder that we didn't surround Cam with talent like Grigson did with Luck....you see how that played out?

Cam is a great QB, a franchise QB....the first one in Panthers history, but he isn't without faults, and there is nothing wrong with examining them, and hoping that Cam get's better...nothing in the world.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I don't know about 10 times out of 10, but you're right Cam need improvement. Remember the end of the Packers game last year? Rodgers threw the game losing pick but on the play he had a guy wide open in the end zone for an easy TD if he saw him. Even the Bradys and Rodgers don't see the field perfectly every play.

it's one thing for a qb to occassionally not see an open man, it's another when the defense knows your going to consistently miss what they give you...my fear is defenses play the panthers knowing newton consistently overlooks check downs and windows because he waits for someone to get open.

when a defense can play with that type of reckless abandon, it only exaggerates weak spots...such as a suspect oline.

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Only idiots wanted Cam traded.  Only shortsighted somewhat fans only compared him to Vick and Russell.  

You are fighting against the dumbest on the board, when there is no need for it.

As to the not building around Cam thing that many of you toted around....it's just BS.  Could we have done things better?  Hell yea, just like every other NFL team.  Many on this board were screaming bloody murder that we didn't surround Cam with talent like Grigson did with Luck....you see how that played out?

Cam is a great QB, a franchise QB....the first one in Panthers history, but he isn't without faults, and there is nothing wrong with examining them, and hoping that Cam get's better...nothing in the world.

Well said.

7 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Yeah...so this thread fell off a cliff fast. Either way, I lost it when Cam didn't even look at Dickson on this play and did his patented scramble/roll left. Unfortunately, this has become all too familiar for DE's in the NFL, especially a division rival. 1st at fault is the shitty play call. 2nd is Cam for missing a wide open receiver. End of discussion. 

Coaching with Newton as well where is the correction?  By whom?  Why is it still happening?

been a supporter for years, but he needs to get this fixed. Reading the field is on him , moving in the pocket when there is one, on him

fixing this offense personnel on the GM

going to an offense that personnel  can run, on you know who,  both of then 

this team is on downward spiral  gettleman needs to get busy with fixes and it best include an OC or this time next year same conversation 

Archived