• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

There are a couple things that we can all count on, having to pay taxes, and you always blowing into a Cam thread taking up for him.  We get it, we really do, and even though JI and I are being negative, we still love our QB and support him...he doesn't need any cheerleaders on this board.

That said, I somewhat agree and disagree with you.  O linemen don't grow on trees, and before this season, I would wager that we had the best GCG combo in the league.  We need to draft some more O linemen, we need to sign one in FA most likely, but Cam has absolutely got to play better.

Shula needs to be gone, DG needs to find O line help, Ron needs to be a better situational coach, and Cam has to play better....there is nothing wrong with calling all of them out.

I'm gonna kind of be an asshole here. But this is not really directed at you. Just in general.

When people say things like this, the first thing that comes to mind is the half a decade worth of bullshit that myself, and many others have had to wade through, and watch Newton endure. From the outright racism, and stereotyping with only comparing him to black quarterbacks like Vick or Russell before he was even drafted to this team, to the people who couldn't wait to pop up, and say "I told you so" in the instant he made a negative play. People here have been tolerating him, openly wanted him traded in 2013 before we went on that run, and just generally behaved like a bunch of ungrateful asshats.

So to you or anyone calling me a Cam "cheerleader", my response is, eat my ass if you don't like it. It isn't changing. I'm seasoned. Get used to it.  

Lol, are you serious? This is a play designed for Cam to read the two options on the right and if they are swallowed up, roll left and look for an opening through the air or on the ground. The real problem was Chris Scott, our worst offensive lineman, got immediately blown up and failed to contain the pass rusher on the inside. This is on Chris Scott, not on Cam.

Y'all remember last year, when everything seemed to work out perfectly?  Yeah...not happening this year.

It's unfair to Cam the coaches to pull one play out and compare it to every play Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers has made.  They make mistakes as well.  

One of the major issues we've had this season is the failure to make plays that we did last year.  Cam absolutely has to turn his head.  The Oline also needs to give him that extra half second.  Cam shouldn't be laser focused on one guy.  It almost seems like last year, Cam did a much better job of scanning the field.  This year, it looks more like he's locking down on one side immediately after the snap. 

I wonder if that's a coaching decision because they know they don't stand a good chance against the blitz.  Get Cam to focus on one side of the field and make the right read in under 2 seconds.  Considering how things have gone this season, I think it has everything to do with the complete lack of synergy on offense

Tolbert and Olsen were his first two reads, but he has to reset his feet and look at Dickson when they're covered instead of  turning. But I don't know if he had enough time to reset his feet and throw to Dickson because Scott was beat and defender was going to drill him.

36 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Well see, there can be another problem? Don't even look because you don't trust the receiver? Sometimes blind faith is all you have 

That's tough when you've been let down more than you haven't by them. He's just not trusting anything but himself on the field right now and I wonder if he's doing that. He's supposed to read the defense, go through progressions and protect himself in the pocket since, well you know. 

22 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

It's not pointless, it's a forum built around football discussions.  There is nothing wrong with discussing plays, good or bad.

Cam is part of the problem this season, along with tons of others.

Saying Cam is part of the problem is like saying Luke is part of the problem for missing tackles

33 minutes ago, TheRed said:

All circular arguments aside.

Cam at times has not looked like himself this year. Making mistakes a QB this far into his career shouldn't be making. Some on him, some on the terrible circumstances (there is no excuse for this OL, none whatsoever) we've put ourselves in as an organization.

To Jeremy, and anyone else who thinks I am a Cam homer or whatever label you want to apply. I hope the man we entrusted with assembling an offensive line to put in front of our MVP quarterback this year will also be on the receiving end of some ire in the offseason when it's all said, and done.

Cam does not have the benefit of hiding out from the media all season. He is the easy target.

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, why are we wasting once in a lifetime players in their prime with a makeshift OL when we have the makings of a Super Bowl roster?

Or we could just continue splitting hairs about one play in a game we actually won.  

Well you know that doesn't happen around here. It's all on Cam and the offense. Because you know, he put together the offensive line and stuff. 

31 minutes ago, TheRed said:

All circular arguments aside.

Cam at times has not looked like himself this year. Making mistakes a QB this far into his career shouldn't be making. Some on him, some on the terrible circumstances (there is no excuse for this OL, none whatsoever) we've put ourselves in as an organization.

To Jeremy, and anyone else who thinks I am a Cam homer or whatever label you want to apply. I hope the man we entrusted with assembling an offensive line to put in front of our MVP quarterback this year will also be on the receiving end of some ire in the offseason when it's all said, and done.

Cam does not have the benefit of hiding out from the media all season. He is the easy target.

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, why are we wasting once in a lifetime players in their prime with a makeshift OL when we have the makings of a Super Bowl roster?

Or we could just continue splitting hairs about one play in a game we actually won.  

Meh, Cam is not as polished as some of us would like, ( I'm sure you read mature). I want a QB that is instinctual, and that comes with time. Oline sucks and gives Cam no time, then Shula and his long routes, and teams are just playing the Panthers different this year and we still haven't adjusted to the changes. The Panthers need to evolve and that is not happening with Shula.

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Wonder when these same people are going to start the "Is Luke Kuechly injury-prone?" thread?

You know... for DISCUSSION.

This is the most bitching and complaining set of fans I've ever come across. Complain and bitch when we lose, complain and bitch when we win. For discussion purposes. 

Archived