• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Nate Dogg said:

1st read is Olsen. Covered well by Saints. 2nd read is Tolbert in the flats. WTF is Tolbert even doing on this play? Blocking? Running a route? I don't think he even knows. 3 defenders coming in essentially unblocked. No time for 3rd read. Not really on Cam IMO more on the horrific play call from the 1 yard line. Wasn't this on 2nd down?

Yes

It

Was

We throw a pass..flashbacks to DA earlier this year..

2 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

1st read is Olsen. Covered well by Saints. 2nd read is Tolbert in the flats. WTF is Tolbert even doing on this play? Blocking? Running a route? I don't think he even knows. 3 defenders coming in essentially unblocked. No time for 3rd read. Not really on Cam IMO more on the horrific play call from the 1 yard line. Wasn't this on 2nd down?

Incoming.

24 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I'm watching the clock on your gif.

Between the snap and Cam turning around into the backside rush he didn't see coming took 2 seconds.

"quicker"... lol

Damn people.

It was pretty easy to immediately see that Greg wasn't going to be open. They had 2 defenders right on him.and another looking like he was holding Tolbert. 

Just now, AceBoogie said:

I think the point is we don't have to come here and point out a mistake that didn't effect the outcome of the game we won. That's for the coaches to do, as fans we should just be happy we won the game. 

Well said. Hard to do at a time like this when we just witnessed one of the least satisfying wins ever.

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

I think the point is we don't have to come here and point out a mistake that didn't effect the outcome of the game we won. That's for the coaches to do, as fans we should just be happy we won the game. 

Hogwash.

If you are a casual Panthers fan, then cool.  But there is nothing wrong with breaking down plays after a loss or win...good or bad.

All circular arguments aside.

Cam at times has not looked like himself this year. Making mistakes a QB this far into his career shouldn't be making. Some on him, some on the terrible circumstances (there is no excuse for this OL, none whatsoever) we've put ourselves in as an organization.

To Jeremy, and anyone else who thinks I am a Cam homer or whatever label you want to apply. I hope the man we entrusted with assembling an offensive line to put in front of our MVP quarterback this year will also be on the receiving end of some ire in the offseason when it's all said, and done.

Cam does not have the benefit of hiding out from the media all season. He is the easy target.

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, why are we wasting once in a lifetime players in their prime with a makeshift OL when we have the makings of a Super Bowl roster?

Or we could just continue splitting hairs about one play in a game we actually won.  

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Hogwash.

If you are a casual Panthers fan, then cool.  But there is nothing wrong with breaking down plays after a loss or win...good or bad.

It's absolutely pointless. Cam graded as the best offensive player I believe. Qbs miss touchdowns every game. Unless you actually believe he's a problem on this team, coming here and pointing out a play that he missed is pointless and won't change a damn thing. 

Discuss the injuries, and how that affects us going forward. Talk about the standings and try to map out a path to the playoffs. But pointing out a missed touchdown in a game we won is pointless. Or it does have a point but I didn't want to go that route. 

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Wonder where the GIF is of the pass Cam dropped into a bucket from 40 yards away for a TD?  Helluva job by both Cam and Ted... but NOT the offensive line since Cam was getting hit as he made the drop-it-in-a-bucket throw.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

All circular arguments aside.

Cam at times has not looked like himself this year. Making mistakes a QB this far into his career shouldn't be making. Some on him, some on the terrible circumstances (there is no excuse for this OL, none whatsoever) we've put ourselves in as an organization.

To Jeremy, and anyone else who thinks I am a Cam homer or whatever label you want to apply. I hope the man we entrusted with assembling an offensive line to put in front of our MVP quarterback this year will also be on the receiving end of some ire in the offseason when it's all said, and done.

Cam does not have the benefit of hiding out from the media all season. He is the easy target.

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, why are we wasting once in a lifetime players in their prime with a makeshift OL when we has the makings of a Super Bowl roster?

Or we could just continue splitting hairs about one play in a game we actually won.  

There are a couple things that we can all count on, having to pay taxes, and you always blowing into a Cam thread taking up for him.  We get it, we really do, and even though JI and I are being negative, we still love our QB and support him...he doesn't need any cheerleaders on this board.

That said, I somewhat agree and disagree with you.  O linemen don't grow on trees, and before this season, I would wager that we had the best GCG combo in the league.  We need to draft some more O linemen, we need to sign one in FA most likely, but Cam has absolutely got to play better.

Shula needs to be gone, DG needs to find O line help, Ron needs to be a better situational coach, and Cam has to play better....there is nothing wrong with calling all of them out.

4 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It's absolutely pointless. Cam graded as the best offensive player I believe. Qbs miss touchdowns every game. Unless you actually believe he's a problem on this team, coming here and pointing out a play that he missed is pointless and won't change a damn thing. 

Discuss the injuries, and how that affects us going forward. Talk about the standings and try to map out a path to the playoffs. But pointing out a missed touchdown in a game we won is pointless. Or it does have a point but I didn't want to go that route. 

It's not pointless, it's a forum built around football discussions.  There is nothing wrong with discussing plays, good or bad.

Cam is part of the problem this season, along with tons of others.

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

It's not pointless, it's a forum built around football discussions.  There is nothing wrong with discussing plays, good or bad.

Cam is part of the problem this season, along with tons of others.

I guess we are only allowed to talk about positive stuff now. Weird, it has never been that way before. 

Archived