• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

He missed him. He's not focused this year, and that's mostly due to his o line. His footwork has regressed, and he's not as quick with the trigger. He's taking a pounding in the pocket, and Gettleman really really needs to finally addrsss the line this offseason. This is getting ridiculous. Gotta stop with the band aids and really fix this line. Just sucks because now we have to really start looking at a replacement for Kalil, as he's getting up there in age.

But yes, Cam missed him. He's got to hit him on that one. I also understand why he could've possibly missed him, though. He looked like he was running for his life as soon as the ball was snapped, and he lost focus.

I think we as fans sometimes don't really know what we want.

Cam takes a sack? He should have just lobbed it away somewhere.

Cam throws a pick into coverage? He should have just taken the sack.

This is why critiquing one play in a vacuum is so useless. It only produces arguments, and negativity.

Maybe it's just the Luke injury, but the huddle could really use some positivity instead of the ol' morning after go to "Look, look, Cam made a bad play!" threads.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

I think we as fans sometimes don't really know what we want.

Cam takes a sack? He should have just lobbed it away somewhere.

Cam throws a pick into coverage? He should have just taken the sack.

This is why critiquing one play in a vacuum is so useless. It only produces arguments, and negativity.

Maybe it's just the Luke injury, but the huddle could really use some positivity instead of the ol' moring after go to "Look, look, Cam made a bad play!" threads.

topcats-12.jpg

1st read is Olsen. Covered well by Saints. 2nd read is Tolbert in the flats. WTF is Tolbert even doing on this play? Blocking? Running a route? I don't think he even knows. 3 defenders coming in essentially unblocked. No time for 3rd read. Not really on Cam IMO more on the horrific play call from the 1 yard line. Wasn't this on 2nd down?

Archived