• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

This isn't an isolated event, and two seconds is an enormous amount of time in QB terms, ESPECIALLY in the red zone when everything has to happen twice as fast as it normally does.

You can't wait and see if things come open in the RZ. You either know if its there while its happening, or the play is bust.

He simply has got to be faster. There's no "trolling" element to it.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

seconds

"locked on"

Did you ever play football in real life?

Do you watch games outside of the Panthers?

Look at the gif.  Cam never turned his head to the left.....the play was obviously designed to have a TE in the end zone, and Cam never broke from the right.

He has to play quicker, especially when we have a shaky O line.

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Look at the gif.  Cam never turned his head to the left.....the play was obviously designed to have a TE in the end zone, and Cam never broke from the right.

Agree. 

You know, it is OK to say Cam isn't perfect yet. It really is. It isn't "hating" or "clickbait" despite what the emo twins say. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Click bait! Click bait! Leave Cam alone! 

Or, it was a crucial play early that cost a touchdown. I feel like that is worth a look. 

Ahahaha. I <3 you.

Why not a good/bad thread on plays? why one or the other where we end up complaining about what could have been the whole time? Bring some light to it. I'm trying to help here. Ya jerk.

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Look at the gif.  Cam never turned his head to left.....the play was obvitwin designed to have a TE in the end zone, and Cam never broke from the right.

Ultimately the root cause of many of our poor plays isn't Cam's fault.

But he is a 6 year pro now, and as a QB his influence on a game is unparalleled-hes reaching the point in his career where he needs to stop making us pay to the fullest extent of other player's mistakes.

The play in question was entirely Cam's fault.

Cam is a great player. But if he wants to play 16 years instead of 12, then he has got to get quicker.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There isn't pressure literally within 15 feet of Cam when he decides to run instead of look left. 

And now you're reading his mind saying that he had decided to run, when an equally valid explanation is that (as he has done time and again over the last 5+ years) he was spinning away from the pressure coming up in his face to give himself an opportunity to pass the ball.

Your pledge that this thread isn't click bait is getting weaker all the time.

I see the hook plain as day, but I just can't resist.  Five pages already... nice job!

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

And now you're reading his mind saying that he had decided to run, when an equally valid explanation is that (as he has done time and again over the last 5+ years) he was spinning away from the pressure coming up in his face to give himself an opportunity to pass the ball.

Your pledge that this thread isn't click bait is getting weaker all the time.

I see the hook plain as day, but I just can't resist.  Five pages already... nice job!

4 pages of you whining. Stop. Stop clicking. I am begging you. 

Archived