• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton goal line sack is on him.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Kakarot said:

Right. That 6 years, same mistakes comment threw me for a loop. Like what does that even mean? He was the got damn MVP last year; meaning he was the best player in the league. 

I think I have come to accept the fact that it's not his skill, they just don't like him as a person. But it makes them mad because Cam isn't going anywhere in this league any time soon. Might as well deal with it. He was the MVP and OPOY. He took a team who was without its number one receiver to the damn Super Bowl. He doesn't get his credit. Instead, we will have 30 pagers about why he missed Ed Dickson and whatnot. While thefuzz is mad and foaming at the mouth because the tone is that he's not good enough. But I'm gonna chill because you know, discussion purposes and stuff. 

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

He's at his ceiling 

Disagree 100%, hence us talking about it.

I think that Cam can get better, and I know that the O line can get better...my 2 cents...we will see Cam get "better" when the O line does.

I think Peyton was in his 8th or 9th season before they brought home a Lombardi....we need to have a bit more patience.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ed Dickson all alone in the end zone for an easy one. Cam keyed in on Olsen. 

giphy.gif

Every QB has missed a wide open receiver. That is not exclusive to Cam.

Is it getting to the point were we demand perfection from every dang player? Talk about excessive expectations.

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Is it getting to the point were we demand perfection from every dang player? Talk about excessive expectations.

hell one of the biggest reasons green bay lost to us last season was because rodgers didn't see a wide open receiver in the end zone

13 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm pretty sure there are numerous people on this board that rip receivers every time they get even a finger on a pass near them.

20 minutes ago, CarolinaSock said:

I'm pretty sure there are numerous people on this board that rip receivers every time they get even a finger on a pass near them.

Yeah, the Game day thread is full of them. Miss a tackle, dude shouldn't be playing. Drop a pass, dude should never have been brought in. Miss a block, we have the worstest Oline in the history of the NFL. Don't like the play call, fir Shula. Now even Cam, who has put his body on the line to often to count, is being held to unrealistic expectations.

Even last year, if we didn't win by a 100 points, folks would have something to complain about. I don't get it. Perfection is unattainable. Yet Panther fans expect it out of every dang player.

Man, if we miss the playoffs. This place is going to be insufferable this off-season.

And the funny part, to me anywho, is that almost every Huddler thinks they have all the answers.

Cam has always had trouble processing his surroundings quickly.

It is expected. His pluses > minuses.

He has a knee jerk reaction to pressure.

I just hope he gets his mechanics and reads down before his physical talents start to fall off at the age of 30+. That is the difference between moving on from Cam in 3 to 5 more seasons and moving on from Cam in 10 to 12 more seasons.

Archived