• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday Injury Updates

skarbar001

FRIDAY: Panthers release injury report for Sunday night's game

The Carolina Panthers are still holding out a glimmer of hope that defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu will play Sunday night against the New York Giants. Kemoeatu practiced on a limited basis during Friday's light practice and coach John Fox declared him questionable on the team's injury report.

However, right guard Keydrick Vincent (groin) missed his third straight day of work and is doubtful. Look for Jeremy Bridges to get the start.

Also, wide receiver Kenneth Moore (hamstring) is out, defensive end Hilee Taylor (calf) is doubtful, defensive tackle Gary Gibson (hand) is questionable and linebacker Jon Beason (illness) is probable. Beason did practice full and should be fine for Sunday night's game.

Although he did practice on Friday, Gibson's injury is a bit of a concern......

http://carolinagrowl.com/SteveReed/archive/2008/12/19/friday-panthers-release-injury-report-for-sunday-nights-game.aspx

...yep, we'r fked, Kenneth Moore is out. .... Vincent and Kemo will hurt.

Hidden

Huh, I just checked it.

Kemo - Q

Vincent - D

Look at the foxhole...mabye they mis-typed....but here's what the foxhole said...who do we believe...???

On injuries: Out, did not practice: Kenneth Moore (hamstring). Doubtful, did not practice: Hilee Taylor (calf) and Keydrick Vincent (groin). Questionable, full practice: Gary Gibson (hand). Questionable, limited practice: Maake Kemoeatu (ankle). Probable, full practice: Jon Beason (illness

anyone remember the beginning of the season when carolina's defense kept all the top league rushers that they played against to under 100 yards?

just in case anyone forgot...it wasn't the line that kept all those running backs in check.

having kemo in the lineup is a plus, but if he can't go i'm not worried. i'm confident that beason and company can get the job done.

I heard Schlereth and Wiley both say on NFL Live that bad weather is a big minus to speedy DL/pass rushers and favors the OL which makes sense. Since Fox had commented about the DL being smaller but faster w/o Kemo, that stuck in my head.

We are talking about stopping the run in relation to the D line not pass rush. An O line will always have an advantage in slippery conditions. That said I don't think the footing will be all that bad. They are saying rain now and its on field turf.

Archived