• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Friday Injury Updates

skarbar001

FRIDAY: Panthers release injury report for Sunday night's game

The Carolina Panthers are still holding out a glimmer of hope that defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu will play Sunday night against the New York Giants. Kemoeatu practiced on a limited basis during Friday's light practice and coach John Fox declared him questionable on the team's injury report.

However, right guard Keydrick Vincent (groin) missed his third straight day of work and is doubtful. Look for Jeremy Bridges to get the start.

Also, wide receiver Kenneth Moore (hamstring) is out, defensive end Hilee Taylor (calf) is doubtful, defensive tackle Gary Gibson (hand) is questionable and linebacker Jon Beason (illness) is probable. Beason did practice full and should be fine for Sunday night's game.

Although he did practice on Friday, Gibson's injury is a bit of a concern......

http://carolinagrowl.com/SteveReed/archive/2008/12/19/friday-panthers-release-injury-report-for-sunday-nights-game.aspx

I think the O-line will be fine. As for the Dline it probably depends on our scheme, whether Jacobs is healthy, and if we can make them one dimensional. If we get pressure and contain the run we should be fine. With the weather likely cold and snowy, I doubt anyone throws for 300 yards. If the weather is bad it should be a low scoring affair.

I wish Hilee Taylor would get healthy, as he hasn’t played since the Green Bay game.

He’s looked like a legitimate third-down pass rusher in the few cases we’ve used him. He could prove useful in the playoffs as well. I know Johnson has the quickness too, but it wouldn’t hurt to get the kid out there and see what he can do.

Archived