• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssst... Bradberry is really good.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, csx said:

Yeah....I just realized that. I was wrong. still it's not that uncommon for draft pick to start. Norman started as a 5th round rookie. 

And he made a ton of mistakes.  It took him almost 3 seasons to actually play consistently well.  It isnt the talent or physical skills that takes time to develop but the understanding of the defense and where to be on every play.  Our defense is a highly accountable defense where everyone has to be where they are supposed to be on every play. Look at Bradbury last Sunday, he may be good in coverage but is average to poor tackling the receiver after the catch.  He gave up several first downs because he missed tackles in the secondary. Again not trying to criticize just pointing out that you don't need rookies starting on a team that went to the Super bowl last year.  And we surely have suffered as a result of him starting when he was even healthy enough to start.

The whole idea of starting him was a bad idea.  You can try and polish this turd as much as you want but it is still a turd.

4 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Bradberry fan. But it's accurate to say he's never faced a QB like he will tonight. If we don't get pressure (like we didn't the first game) then who knows how he will hold up. 

I know that but if he knows how to shadow a WR  and play for the ball it doesn't matter who is throwing it up. 

7 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I know that but if he knows how to shadow a WR  and play for the ball it doesn't matter who is throwing it up. 

I would not agree with that statement.    There are some QB/WR combos where they can dial it up and decent coverage ability flat out isn't enough to stop what is going on.  Yet that same coverage can almost shutdown some other QB/WR pairings.

Bradberry hasn't faced a future HOFer whose intent is to go into a game and attack the DBs for 4 quarters. The play that stops that has to be different than an Alex Smith for example (who flat out doesn't like to attack with his WRs unless it is wideopen and even then he often likes the check down because of potential risk)

heck, I hope Brees attacks him all game.  It will be a learning experience.  People shouldn't get upset if Brees makes some plays on him.  Brees should be able to.  Bradberry just needs to make some plays back.  Can't expect a shutdown performance.  I just want to see flashes from him (and hopefully a big one...Brees will gamble.  We need to make him pay when he gambles)

Archived