• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssst... Bradberry is really good.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe. Teams signing someone else's franchise guy is pretty rare anymore.

It's all speculation at this point anyway. We won't have a good read on the final results until we see what happens with the unused cap space next season.

All the more reason that Norman would probably sign the tender.  

Given how this season is going, we are likely to have a top 10 draft pick as well as plenty of cap space.  So maybe next year will make up for this season.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Gettleman has done a good job overall, so far.  But like anyone, he makes mistakes.  He could have kept Norman tagged for this year, still drafted Worley and Bradberry, without impacting our ability to sign any of those guys.  That way, we might actually see if they work out before letting Norman walk.  Norman and Bradberry, with Mcclain and Worley backing them up, would have been a solid group of corners with no long term impact on our salary cap.   And who knows, Norman might have actually made a big play against Tampa, or KC, or Denver, or the Saints.  Enough to have us at 4-5 or 5-4. 

Actually keeping Norman for a year, which certainly wouldn't guarantee a Super Bowl win this year and probably wouldn't have even guaranteed a playoff spot, absolutely would impact signing guys we do want here long term. That $15M will go a long long way to getting these guys signed. Keeping Norman a year could mean not being able to keep Turner long term. Is keeping Turner worth not having Josh just this year? Because Josh had no future here past this year if he stayed on the tag anyways.

2 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

we might be better off playing Hawkins at LT.

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Butler. I guess you're blind.

Worley has played better than expected too. Get over it. 

No. It. Wouldn't.

Good god, you guys seriously don't get it. Norman has been getting carved up at Washington... but somehow it'd be different here? LULZ. Beckham and Green whipped him. So much for that contract. 

Without ANY pressure from our front seven, Norman right now would be someone's bitch every weekend.

How can our front 7 provide no pressure and at the same time be near the top of the league in sacks?

I love the Bradburry pick and I'm glad he's healthy, but he's a rookie and I'm not ready to say one way or the other if he's great or not. He has impressed me with his play on the field thus far, but like it has been stated previously, it was mostly against sub par talent. Thursday he will be tested, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. 

I have high hopes for the kid but I'm pumping the breaks on any judgement thus far. 

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Time for what? To be a mistake? You want Bradberry to fail? 

Why in the hell would I want Bradberry to fail? You know who was a failure? Josh Norman his first few years here. Then he went and turned into a star and he walked for nothing. I'm telling you give it time and Gettleman will find a way to fug it up. If Bradberry ends up really good it won't be here for long. 

Archived