• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pssst... Bradberry is really good.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We'd have significant cap space devoted to a guy who wasn't playing. Space that wouldn't roll over to next season like it will now.

Name the last guy who held out a season on the tag? 

It is just a negotiation ploy.  

Just now, CRA said:

Name the last guy who held out a season on the tag? 

It is just a negotiation ploy.  

Most of the ones who do hold out go for ten games before signing so as not to lose the season.

And yes, it's been done. And from what we know of Norman, I have little doubt he'd have been willing.

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We would also get a first and third round pick from any team that signed him the following season.  

Maybe. Teams signing someone else's franchise guy is pretty rare anymore.

It's all speculation at this point anyway. We won't have a good read on the final results until we see what happens with the unused cap space next season.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most of the ones who do hold out go for ten games before signing so as not to lose the season.

And yes, it's been done. And from what we know of Norman, I have little doubt he'd have been willing.

Ok, who was the last guy to hold out for a season though?  

I can name a long list of guys who floated the possibility around trying to get a deal that played. 

Given that, I think you have to learn toward the way it generally goes as the most likely....plus we had the added bonus off coming off a Super Bowl.  I just don't think the odds show it being had high based on history 

Just now, CRA said:

Ok, who was the last guy to hold out for a season though?  

I can name a long list of guys who floated the possibility around trying to get a deal that played. 

Given that, I think you have to learn toward the way it generally goes as the most likely....plus we had the added bonus off coming off a Super Bowl.  I just don't think the odds show it being had high based on history 

You have to factor in Norman's personality and the fact that he had a moron for an agent, though.

I have no trouble believing Norman would have held out.

Of course now we'll never know.

Archived