• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Actual answers on Oher.

Jeremy Igo

Man I pray & hope he's all good. I've been pulling for him since we got Mike.. never seen the movie so I don't have that type of view on him.. I just know he's one of the good guys. Someone who crawled out the mud. Thats the type of human you want to see fight and succeed. 

Theres lots of valleys this could fall in, of him just now starting to realize the impacts he has taken and Is taking weekly. From what I know about brain trauma or mainly CTE is that is develops over time, not usually a one time bang. So I trust in the staff to know whats best for him. I think he will end his time with the Panthers within a couple of years. When he is out there I see a difference. I see a difference in Cam, having that silent bull.

I know it's different but a guy I work with fell and hit his head on a cement floor which gave him a concussion. It took him almost 6 months to get to where he could lay down and the room wouldn't spin. He had to lie to the doctors so he could come back to work after 3 months off.

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Franchise tackles don't grow on trees. 

Funny thing is, for most of Gross' career, the fans didn't appreciate him. up until his last two years, fans kept saying he wasn't any good at LT, was just a good RT. 

Fact is, Gross is the best LT in franchise history. 

Fans don't know hiw to evaluate the tackles position. so when it's discussed, one literally has to ignore the bs that is spewed. 

The gripe I constantly see is that the Panthers have ignored the position. couldn't be further from the truth. 

Top LTs don't fall in the drafts. they also don't become available in free agency without overspending.  

We got lucky Oher was available after a bad season with the Titans. most fans didn't even want him. he has been the answer. this year has been quite unfortunate, yet fans still lay blame where it doesn't belong. 

Do you, or anybody else, truly believe that Gettleman ignores any position? 

We haven't been in position in any draft for the last 4 + years to even draft a decent tackle. 

Unfortunately, we're back in the position that we have to find another LT. It won't be easy, and fans will give the team no slack, cause they expect the team to  mortgage our future to aquire talent. 

Firstly Gross was good and yeah he got beat sometimes but I don't recall anyone not wanting him as our franchise LT.  He was def very good

I don't think Dave ignores the position I just think we haven't been lucky in the tackle Dept.  Guys like Otah and Schwartz couldn't stay healthy.  Now Oher gets hurt after playing well.  It would be nice to just get lucky and get a mid round stud like the saints did with Armstead.  

Archived