• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who will get closer to 135 and a TD

pantherfool

Giants will go in trying to stop the run and take their chances with Jake. We will likely come out running and pass when necessary. I really hope we do what we did against Denver which was to come out passing to set up the run later. If it isn't snowing in the first half we should try and get a lead and then hold it if the weather worsens. If it is already snowing then it will be a 3 yard run and a cloud of snow all day.

Honestly, with all this talk about Webster saying he can cover Smith single-handedly, I think Smith's going to go off for 140+, which will open running room in the 2nd half for Williams and Stewart. I think we'll get about 150 yards rushing, but it will be split between D-Will and J-Stew, so I guess I'm going with Smith.

Giants will go in trying to stop the run and take their chances with Jake. We will likely come out running and pass when necessary. I really hope we do what we did against Denver which was to come out passing to set up the run later. If it isn't snowing in the first half we should try and get a lead and then hold it if the weather worsens. If it is already snowing then it will be a 3 yard run and a cloud of snow all day.

Great point about trying to take advantage of the "nicer" weather to try to build a lead. I think they are gonna sell out to stop the run as well (granted it isn't much of a stretch on my part to feel that way). Anytime I hear their players talk it is all about the running game. Even Tuck said something about how people have been talking about Jake and Smitty but they really have to stop the run. It's a normal strategy, yes, but I do think they feel the passing game can be had.

( but seriously now ...SS has more chance ....G men will limit the run ! )

the giants have been vunerable against the run the past few weeks.

first it was westbrook, which is understandable. he's one of the league's best.

...but the next week it was tashard choice with 9 carries for 91 yards and a touchdown.

wait a minute...who? and for how much?

in the last 4 out of 5 games, the giants have given up runs of 30 yards or more. arizona is the only team in that time frame that did have a big run play.

...but we all know how much a rushing juggernaut the cardinals are.

the giants have been vunerable against the run the past few weeks.

fair point sir ......but Westbrook is truly exceptional .....and last week we pretty much stopped the run until mid way through the 4th Q (and then were fooled by the threat of a few screens etc by Dallas).

If Fred Robbins is back healthy we are an excellent run stopping unit.

It would also help if Antonio Pierce gets his mind back on the game .....instead of on the NYPD.

I am fairly confident that our HC has us ready for this one !

TC has said it 10 times this week ......our absolute priority is to limit the run ...if we dont ...we lose

Jake .......17 out of 38 for 135 yards , 1 TD and 3 Int .....perhaps

( but seriously now ...SS has more chance ....G men will limit the run ! )

it's going to have to take 8 in the box to stop the run and that just opens up smitty and moose and that is a dangerous thing to do.

i promise you that tactic won't work for very long.

fair point sir ......but Westbrook is truly exceptional .....and last week we pretty much stopped the run until mid way through the 4th Q (and then were fooled by the threat of a few screens etc by Dallas).

it's not too difficult to stop something that the other team isn't doing.

dallas doesn't lean on the run until the second half of a game. last week's game was no different.

out of the 17 run plays between choice and barber, there were only 5 in the first half.

the other 12 came late in the third and throughout the fourth.

Archived