• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams says Testaverde inspired him

Fiz

apparently this is a different article. sorry for the kinda repost

“He's just so explosive,” said Testaverde. “He's quick to hit the hole, strong to the hole and nobody is catching him from behind.

"He reminds me of two great backs, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders.

Put those two together and I think you have a DeAngelo Williams. In my eyes, he has the potential to be a really good back for a really long time.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/421775.html

Reason to make sure your team has plenty of veterans to impart wisdom to the younger guys. Need the leadership that comes with experience as well as guys who have been there and done that as the season concludes. Gotta be a fool to not see what Vinny did for his team and did for Jake as well. Jake's new durability seems to be a function of his increased muscle mass and improved conditioning. Jake would have to see how it worked for Vinny and through rehab had the chance to get alot stronger in his arm and body as well.Vinny's worth extended far beyond his skills on the field. What makes the best combination is a guy who has the leadership skills while he still has the physical skills to be at the peak of his career. Guys like Moose and Lucas and pro-bowlers like Beason and Smith. Got a chance to be special this year. Depends on how hungry we are. Balls to the wall.

Archived