• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coming off the bye

lightsout

Either I have missed the articles, or the coaches have done well to keep the necessary chewings behind closed doors, but I expect some MAJOR changes on the field coming off the bye. I thought that maybe there would be a story of Ron going all Captain Blood and ramping intensity this past week. Or maybe TD or Luke or Cam holding a player's only meeting. But I've heard nothing. So please, if I missed it (hectic schedule this past week, in the process of buying first house), link me up.

We need there to be a different attitude to this team. We can't concede this season. Winning out should be the goal, the focus, and the motivation each and every week. Winning the day of practice so you don't lose your job or get out-worked by the opposing team. Winning each play individually during the game at your position. Winning each series. Winning field position. Winning turnover battle. Winning in the kicking game. Winning the quarter. Winning the half. Winning the game.

This team has got to rally hard and show up next Sunday ready to tear Arizona apart. Start to finish. We had a week off and a week of practice ahead of us to get ready and handle business. No excuse to lose this next game. Because if we drop 2 games, we're done. Period. If we drop only one the rest of the season, we still have a chance. The only way to all but guarantee the playoffs is to win out. So this team needs it's act together. If we finish 8-8 or worse, that has to be considered total failure for this team.

Archived