• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton - Time for Cam to stop pouting

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, El Dandy said:

Apparently West Virginian people have bigger brains than hipster cuckholds from North Carolina who can't even make a proper war film.

I'm from West Virginia and I think the vast majority of what you say is completely off base.

13 hours ago, PantherCam213 said:

Jake is the longest tenured QB the Panthers have had in their short history.  We had Jimmy Clausen after Delhomme and I don't think we're particularly proud about that.  Then it was Cam.  So I'm not sure what "All of whom" you're talking about.

Yeah, there's no reason not to love Jake. He wasn't the most talented guy on the field but he had loads of heart and drive and he never gave it anything less than his best. 

Tommy Jone ruined him and Hurney overpaid him but he's still part of some of the best moments in Panther history and he's been highly complimentary and supportive of Cam (including in his recent advice).  He's even come back to do the Keep Pounding drum a couple of times in the Newton era.

151029_jake_inside3.jpg

Would still love to have him as part of the Panthers organization in some capacity but I think he's happy with his post football life as it is.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm from West Virginia and I think the vast majority of what you say is completely off base.

Three things about West Virginia that always strike me when thinking of the state:

1. 30 years ago, driving from Pittsburgh to Athens, Georgia, I was considering getting off the interstate and taking some back roads through the mountains. I decided against it, and subsequently broke down in Charleston. I pulled into a garage to get my car fixed, and this big, deep-voiced guy, with a long beard, bib overalls,  and a southern, deep-woods accent looks at me kinda weird (or so I thought). Anyway, he gave me an estimate, I spent overnight in a motel, and come back the next morning. He had fixed the car, and I paid. I told him that I was glad that I stayed on the interstate and ran into him because I was considering taking an alternate route through the mountains. He said (talking like he had a big wad of dip in his jaw), "Nah, son, you don't want to go up there. There's a lot of rednecks up there."

The whole situation struck me funny and taught me a lesson about judging a book by its cover. 

2. The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is an "interesting" documentary

3. The tolls on the interstate are pretty much unavoidable, especially when considering the fact that I wouldn't dare consider getting off the highway considering the the first two things I brought up.

Archived