• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers win in New Orleans with Bene active instead of Sanchez

Jeremy Igo

Idk about Jeremy thoughts, but we used a 5th on Sanchez. Same round JNo, Richard Sherman was picked in. Gettle thought he was getting a steal, when really he was getting an undrafted guy cause Zach is definitely by far the worst CB I've seen play here and it actually become comical. His body is so stiff, he's just out there running around lol

12 hours ago, 15 said:

fug no give me Jabrill "The GOAT" Peppers. 

I know this isn't the thread for that but Jabrill is going to be a legend.  He's going to electrify someone's secondary the same way Odell electrified the Giants offense when he first came into the league.  Would love to watch him make plays in Carolina, Jabrill is an absolute freak.  Can play S or CB in the league, although I think he's better as a CB.  We could use either anyways though

6 hours ago, beastson said:

Idk about Jeremy thoughts, but we used a 5th on Sanchez. Same round JNo, Richard Sherman was picked in. Gettle thought he was getting a steal, when really he was getting an undrafted guy cause Zach is definitely by far the worst CB I've seen play here and it actually become comical. His body is so stiff, he's just out there running around lol

I think I saw him celebrate after a play Sunday and it tickled me because if Cam can't celebrate a first down because we are losing, the bum squad can't celebrate anything lol. 

19 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Bene was ticked they threw him out there like that to take a failed offseason on the chin and be the posterboy.  Overnight, the story on who he was as a player was literally re-written. 

You don't take guy recovering off his injury (which Ron noted the week prior) and at the last minute tell him he is going one on one Julio all game.  I think Bene was salty and let it be known about what Carolina was doing.

Frankly careers can end because coaches put guys out there in spots to fail.  Not because of inability.

fuging spot on

22 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Bene was ticked they threw him out there like that to take a failed offseason on the chin and be the posterboy.  Overnight, the story on who he was as a player was literally re-written. 

You don't take guy recovering off his injury (which Ron noted the week prior) and at the last minute tell him he is going one on one Julio all game.  I think Bene was salty and let it be known about what Carolina was doing.

Frankly careers can end because coaches put guys out there in spots to fail.  Not because of inability.

Kinda sounds like the Jason Avant issue

12 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I understand your point. But Bradberry started on Julio, then Whorley, then is was Bene. So it wasn't, all game. Nit picky to be sure, but true none the less.

Also, Bene has been around for 3 years, and been around for what, 6, NO weeks?  How much prep work does he need?

You made a good point though. Ever since they Josh decision, they do seem to be scrambling around where the CB position is concerned. Bradberry getting hurt didn't' help, but it was going to be a mess without Josh. Everyone knew it was coming with the rooks, but no one could have seen it going this badly.

Rivera pointed out the week prior he was recovering from his injury and that it wasn't going to happen overnight.

if they were forced to use Bene they could of schemed legit doubles on Julio all game.  They should of done it.  In fact, if I recall there was comments about a plan being in place for Julio....doesn't appear they actually used one come game time.   They just put a single CB on him most of the game.  I will have to find exactly what they said and implied as I may be distorting it in my head.  Almost sounded like they didn't implement it

So it isn't just the fact they put a hurt Bene on him all game.  They hung him out to dry most of the game. 

Sanu going off for 250 in single coverage you can live with as you double and even triple team Jones. 

That was the worst coaching botch job of Rivera's era in terms of defensive plan.  

On 10/18/2016 at 0:26 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

No way around it. If Bene was still on the team that was a victory in New Orleans. As bad as Bene played, Sanchez was so much worse. 

Just out of curiosity any word as to why Bene was cut? I heard to was because he admitted to getting gassed but coming back from late season major injury that's not exactly unheard of.  So it still doesn't make sense to me

14 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Just out of curiosity any word as to why Bene was cut? I heard to was because he admitted to getting gassed but coming back from late season major injury that's not exactly unheard of.  So it still doesn't make sense to me

Decision was made by Rivera and McDermott, reportedly after "watching film to see what was going wrong" according to Ron in his presser.

Reading between the lines of some other stuff that's been said since (and tidbits from a guy with some inside info in All Pro) it sounds like the main onus may actually have come from McDermott. Also sounds like McDermott didn't get along particularly well with Josh Norman because Josh didn't always "play within the system".

Some coaches believe more deeply in their system than they do their players. There's some evidence that our resident ginger may be one of them.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Decision was made by Rivera and McDermott, reportedly after "watching film to see what was going wrong" according to Ron in his presser.

Reading between the lines of some other stuff that's been said since (and tidbits from a guy with some inside info in All Pro) it sounds like the main onus may actually have come from McDermott. Also sounds like McDermott didn't get along particularly well with Josh Norman because Josh didn't always "play within the system".

Some coaches believe more deeply in their system than they do their players. There's some evidence that our resident ginger may be one of them.

Like most jobs, NFL teams are a team, but at the same time very much individual. 

For example, if McDermotts defense gives up 400 pass yards a game, but Norman gets 10 interceptions a year by improvising, Norman is gonna get a big contract and McDermott is gonna get fired. 

Very much in the coordinators best interest that players play within the confines of his scheme, whether it is detrimental to them or not. 

8 minutes ago, Montsta said:

Like most jobs, NFL teams are a team, but at the same time very much individual. 

For example, if McDermotts defense gives up 400 pass yards a game, but Norman gets 10 interceptions a year by improvising, Norman is gonna get a big contract and McDermott is gonna get fired. 

Very much in the coordinators best interest that players play within the confines of his scheme, whether it is detrimental to them or not. 

Agreed, but I'm of the belief that the best coaches are flexible. And that doesn't just mean adjusting to your own guys' personalities.

New England goes into a game with a specific plan of attack for that team, their personnel, their coaching, their tendencies, their strengths, their weaknesses, all of it.

Our coaches go into a game figuring if we just do what we did last time we won, it'll work again.

It's been said before but bears repeating: Our guys are playing checkers when others are playing chess.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I agree that defensive players need to be on the same page, great defenses do that(Vikings), but you also need great talent as well. 

Archived