• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Leonard Johnson returns to practice

Jeremy Igo

42 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Where did this dude come from? I know nothing.

We signed him shortly before training camp I think.  But he apparently wasn't recovered from off-season surgery.

He was on the NFI (Non-Football injury) list the entire training camp and continued on that list (basically the same as the PUP list) so far this season.  Any player on the PUP / NFI becomes eligible to be activated by week 6 (I think). 

Until he plays I won't be down on him, I mean if bellycheck believed in him enough to start four games he can't be all that bad? I think bill is a good talent evaluator, he could be a small ray of sunshine on a miserable season. He and Bradberry wouldn't be a bad pairing based on careers thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

In theory, it can be a good bet. Leonard is with us since the beginning of training. He has good experience in the league and solid numbers collected in a weak secondary in TB.

He played his first season after the Bucs traded  Talib to NE and Wright went down. He was cut last year, come from an injury and was picked up by NE to star 3 of 4 games in December.

This might be a nice surprise.

Well, at least we know it can´t get worse.

I believe this is the CB who was signed after Boykin was dumped.

He is playing with a surgically repaired ACL. He is solid at nickel and struggles on the outside and against speed receivers. You may remember him from when Ginn torched him for 5 receptions on 6 targets for 80 yards, and the posters he is in with KB making the catch from 2014. 

Not sure what he will be able to do on that achilles. Injured it in the preseason and then tweaked it in his last game with the Patriots. He was quickly released at the end of the season and went for surgery.

Bene > Leonard

Keep in mind I believe Bene was a good nickel and should have never been released since he was seemingly rushed back and blindsided with action on the outside against Julio Jones after Bradberry and Worley got torched by Julio.

1 minute ago, Nick_81 said:

Eh, he's coming off of an achilles injury, according to the Panthers' website.  I can't get very excited.

Yep, takes 2 years typically to gain full explosiveness back after an achilles injury. My expectations are very low.

Archived