• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive Levar Edwards!?!?! Sign Simonson ?!?!?!

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like Edwards too but outside of one sack it's not like he's been some dominant force. My guess would be they've decided Wes Horton is sufficient for the rotation.

Is everybody so desperate for a savior that we're really wailing and gnashing our teeth over the fourth defensive end?

You will go to great length to defend Gettleman

4 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I like Simonson but Edwards was a really good rotational player especially when our pass rusher is lacking. This move is not defensible , D.G. is guilty case closed.

Simonson was just a placeholder for the Saints game since 2 D-linemen were out injured. The real move was Horton for Edwards. Rotational run stopping DE for Rotational run stopping DE.

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Simonson was just a placeholder for the Saints game since 2 D-linemen were out injured. The real move was Horton for Edwards. Rotational run stopping DE for Rotational run stopping DE.

Horton is a run stopping DE/ whereas Edward can stop the run and pressure the QB little bit different :)

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

I've been among those questioning the decision to cut Edwards.

Uh maybe I should have had a little more faith in our FO / coaches.  If this is indeed Edwards at LDE?!?!  YIKES

That's probably Tolbert playing DE. Nothing else was working so why not? Someone tossed a Krispy Kreme on the field and you know he wasn't going to pass that up...

Archived