• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive Levar Edwards!?!?! Sign Simonson ?!?!?!

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don't understand it, but from RR's press conferences, I thought it was pretty clear that cutting Bene was up to the coaches. Why does everyone assume this was a Gettleman move? Why the fug would the GM worry about the 5th DE (remember, just resigned Horton) and Simonson unless the coaches wanted Simonson back on the roster for blocking (maybe they saw all the Tolbert whiffs too)? Sorry, but I don't think this has anything to do with Gettleman other than he is the GM and does the actually paperwork.

This IMHO smells like a coaching move to change things up. Wes Horton had more snaps than Edwards, who had the least DE snaps against New Orleans. Wouldn't surprise me of the coaches wanted Horton back and he's now #4 behind CJ, Ealy and Addison.

Does anyone remember Edwards doing anything against New Orleans? I know he had the sack against Minnesota, but he's trended down a bit since then. He didn't register anything against New Orleans, never even made a tackle. It was trendy to say he was the best DE when he got that sack, but he clearly hasn't been our best DE since that game. Not saying CJ and Ealy are lighting it up, but they have been better than Edwards since then.

It is amazing to me that people are diving in this deep, well it doesn't since we are 1-5. Every football team tries out players virtually every week to check people out and to have names in reserve in case of injuries. There is always churn at the bottom of rosters, even more so when poo isn't working.

I liked Edwards at the beginning, but maybe he's Delaire part deux. Delaire had 2 sacks his first game with us and where did that get us? I thought Delaire was going to be a solid rotational guy coming into the season and well, he was poo. Edwards was never going to be a starter on this team and as much as some people want it to be true, he isn't better than CJ or Ealy, deal with it.

Idk, time to give the huddle what they want.  Conformity.

So, in that spirit, i was talking out of my ass.  Edwards sucks.  Liitle known fact, Simonson is Wesley Walls' secret lovechild and came out of the womb playing air guitar.  All he needs is one regular season td to unlock his hidden secret powers.  Rivera knows all.  Gettleman knows all.  Worship at their feet, they are the professionals.  1

1-5 was just setting us up for an even bigger payoff.  Big success in store!  Any minute now.

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idk, time to give the huddle what they want.  Conformity.

So, in that spirit, i was talking out of my ass.  Edwards sucks.  Liitle known fact, Simonson is Wesley Walls' secret lovechild and came out of the womb playing air guitar.  All he needs is one regular season td to unlock his hidden secret powers.  Rivera knows all.  Gettleman knows all.  Worship at their feet, they are the professionals.  1

1-5 was just setting us up for an even bigger payoff.  Big success in store!  Any minute now.

Oh yeah, that's not emotional or childish sounding at all.

2 hours ago, Daeavorn said:

Lavar was really performing well I thought. Why would they do this?

I'm utterly confused and astounded by this.

Yesterday's news (which I only saw today) re: cutting Lou Young to sign a TE from the Saints was also very confusing as we already have hardly any healthy CBs.   I could at least justify that move slightly because they'd cut Simonson, and we might get Bradberry & McClain back after the bye, maybe even Leonard Johnson??

But now to re-sign Simonson and to cut one of the only DEs who was looking decent?  Very strange... I'm not even going to try and figure out what Dave is thinking.  Has anyone seen him lately?  Do we actually know that Dave is around and it is not some imposter running our front office??!!

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh yeah, that's not emotional or childish sounding at all.

I'm flabbergasted scot.  I'm only speaking from the heart.  Every move they make is the right move for the team.  If it wasnt, then it wouldnt be made.  Let's sit back and enjoy the ride!  Be thankful we have a team!  7-9 is a solid record for a little old mid market franchise like us!

Archived