• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waive Levar Edwards!?!?! Sign Simonson ?!?!?!

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

or maybe vernon butler is coming back in two weeks and they need some better blockers on the offensive line

this is such a fuging nothing burger of a move and all the posters on this board are just sitting there like a woman, ready to be pissed off at anything. 

just watch the hysterical stupidity unload on these boards as the season progressesIMG_4536.JPG

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like Edwards too but outside of one sack it's not like he's been some dominant force. My guess would be they've decided Wes Horton is sufficient for the rotation.

Is everybody so desperate for a savior that we're really wailing and gnashing our teeth over the fourth defensive end?

Sufficient isn't a word I'd use to describe our DEs.

So we waive one of our only productive Defensive Lineman thus far, to resign essentially a 3rd or 4th string TE? You cut a productive player from one of our weakest positions to resign a guy you just cut to be added to one of our more solidified positions... I'm at a lost for words right now... Gettleman has gone full retard, you don't go full retard...

Lol at people downplaying this move.

No one is saying that Edwards is an all world talent. But he looked like a solid rotational end that has shown flashes, and has prototypical 4-3 end size. 

The issue is cutting a contributor for a scrub TE that won't get 5 snaps a game.

People are upset because this seems like another bass ackwards, illogical roster move that shows no benefit.

22 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

he's a body on the defensive line and it's not as if the Panthers are in any position to be picky. KK lined up at DE all the time last year, and I'd rather have a first round DT than some rotational nobody at DE.

He lined up their occasionally because we had no DE play most of last year too....and it makes KK less effective 

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

He lined up their occasionally because we had no DE play most of last year too....and it makes KK less effective 

Its about putting the best players out there you can. 

Kk butler star is better than kk star random dude who was working at quick trip

this is even if the letter before their name aren't the same as when you play madden or whatever 

Not to step on your toes here, but what is less effective than not effective? He isn't good enough apparently to be a difference maker without sufficient play from his DEs. Not that many guys are, though.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived