• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is Coach's Film Tuesday! Saints game observations...

Jeremy Igo

First drive still. 

Saints double both KK and Star, unconcerned about the Panthers defensive ends. 

Untitled-3.jpg

Kony forces Brees to step up a bit in the pocket. Completion. 

We may want to get used to seeing this much protection along the line. When the defensive secondary is so poor, why not send fewer targets out to get the ball. 

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am reviewing the Saints game on NFL Game Pass coach's film. 

Why? Because I like knowing what is actually going on out there. For me it helps a great deal. 

I will be posting observations, pics, gifs here as I go along of points of interest. 

Don't want to review the loss? Don't click back in this thread. 

Love these threads. I used to love going back and watching after every loss to see what happened but my damn jobs getting in the way. Thanks for the time and effort 

Saints first touchdown. 

Tre Boston is playing man against the TE that scored, mirrors him in motion. 

giphy.gif

Boston hesitates at the line thinking it was a run up the middle, can't recover.

Touchdown. 

Really great play design by the Saints here. Must have saw something on film they wanted to exploit. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Saints first touchdown. 

Tre Boston is playing man against the TE that scored, mirrors him in motion. 

giphy.gif

Boston hesitates at the line thinking it was a run up the middle, can't recover.

Touchdown. 

Really great play design by the Saints here. Must have saw something on film they wanted to exploit. 

This was just a flat out great offensive play call. Fleener never had a running play in his career until here.

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

First Cam Newton sack. 

Cam has a solid 4 seconds to throw the ball. 

giphy.gif

However, no one is close to being open. 

Untitled-6.jpg

Coverage sack. 

Horrible play calling why have 3 players going up the same depth of the field. ,there should  have been mid level inside cross by a TE  and  a slant on the opposite end.There should be 3 levels of  routes short intermediate dump off , mid level  inside cross and deep vertical to stretch the  defense out in all direction.

15 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Horrible play calling why have 3 players going up the same depth of the field. ,there should  have been mid level inside cross by a TE  and  a slant on the opposite end.There should be 3 levels of  routes short intermediate dump off , mid level  inside cross and deep vertical to stretch the  defense out in all direction.

I'm not sure what you're looking at but you have receivers at 4 different levels on that play. 4 yards, 8 yards, 12yards, and two around 20yards.

Archived