• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So its been a year

JerseyCat

I know I have not been on here forever and now I come to ask for help.. Go figure..bash bash bash.. Done move on. Has anyone here ever themselves personally split a cable from their satellite connection and then connected a satellite box to it and it work? I have a extra box, no Cable outlet to a room and could not would not have the tech drill another hole thru the side of the house and around the house to connect it, so I am trying to do it from cable that is already present.. Any help.. PLEEEAAAASSSSEEE>

Inimicus is correct. Sorry :(

well, to be clear...my dish has two lines coming from it to the main box on the side of the house. From there it is split to three boxes inside my house...you can't split the cable after the connection to the box on top of the tv or wherever. You'd basically have to do it from outside and I guess thats what you're trying to avoid.

It can be done *sort of*. Put a 2-way splitter coming out of the back of the main box and simply run the other line to your 2nd TV. It will be slaved to the single box, but that's better than nothing IMO. We do something similar at a freind's house for an deck TV on gamedays

Ok first.. Thank you all for your replies. To the one for boob shot, I am sure there is one or two in the archives.

Now just to make sure I get it...

I have I believe more than one cable coming from my roof or a switch as you say somewhere?? Cause I have a box in 3 rooms already, just so happen my son doesn't have any cable outlet at all in his room and I want to put one there was going up in the attic and planning on cutting and splitting the cable that runs to our room down to his room, zod would what you said do this?

Wow this is too much, isnt this man talk or something, should I grab my crouch, itch my ass or pop a beer?

Archived