• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It is almost as if this coaching staff doesn't learn.- Today's Inactives

Jeremy Igo

Artis-Payne would've just sat on the bench anyways. He's the 3rd string RB in the provided scenario. This isn't 2008. 

Whittaker and Tolbert both provide package diversity. That's more important to the team than catering to a what-if when Whittaker demonstrated he can hold the job down effectively for a day.

No big deal on this one.

5 minutes ago, goodoleboy said:

Injuries happen on special teams too. CAP has zero value unless Stew goes down. To me a back up running back who isn't a good enough athlete to play special teams shouldn't be on the team.

He does kick returns. We just haven't put him back there this season with Ginn.

They need to use Bersin like the Pats do Edelman.  Run him across the middle and dump lots of quick passes to him.  Yes he will get smashed in the crossing routes, but if he wants to play that's the role he needs to play.

I don't hate CAP as much as most of you guys do, but we need to find a RB to take the reigns soon.  I love Stew as much as anyone, but he's always nursing some sort of an injury... but then again if we had a better O-line maybe he wouldn't be?

So many areas that need improvement... sucks.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Explain to me what Tolbert does. 

He's the only FB on the roster. His effectiveness at this stage is a moot point. You're either suggesting Artis-Payne fulfill that role which is akin to suggesting we deactivate Graham Gano and just let Andy Lee do both, or that we dismantle a significant portion of the offense mid season.

Somebody has to play the FB role, good at it or not.

Archived