• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have noticed Tolbert's decline.

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yeah, let's blame one player, on one play, from last year, for the way this season has started.

If you think RR is the only coach that has clock mgmt. problems. You need to watch more than just Panther football.

Did I say RR was the only coach who suffers from this deficiency? I really don't care about other team and the problems with their coachs. I'm concerned about the Panthers

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Do you actually believe that David Gettleman is cutting players Ron wants to keep on the roster and keeping on the roster players Ron wants to cut?

You're telling me that's what you believe, right?

You're telling me you believe that Ron wanted to cut Steve Smith, or ax Greg Hardy, or let Josh Norman walk for nothing? If you believe these things, then go ahead and believe them, but you're discounting Rivera's nonverbal cues and failing to read in between the lines of what he actually said and didn't say.

Good grief, I don't ever remember people blaming John Fox for personnel decisions. They always whipped on Hurney repeatedly. Oh, but now that Gettleman is at the helm, all the crappy personnel decisions fall at Rivera's feet. 

What a load of crap! Gettleman makes the decisions, of course with input from his HC and others---no one is discounting that---but G-man is the manager, and he's not particularly hands-off. He is the ultimate architect of the team, period.

33 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're telling me you believe that Ron wanted to cut Steve Smith

RR was the biggest advocate for drafting Cam Newton.  So, knowing that a Steve Smith locker room was *never* going to be a Cam Newton locker room, the answer is yes, I believe that.

34 minutes ago, top dawg said:

or ax Greg Hardy

Ron has a wife and a daughter.  I don't doubt for one little second he wasn't sad to see Greg Hardy's rump walking out the door.

34 minutes ago, top dawg said:

or let Josh Norman walk for nothing

Now you finally get to a debatable point.  The only response I can give to this is that RR, as a former LB, absolutely knows the critical importance of a solid DL in front of them.  So in that regard, at least as a response to your question, yes, I can see RR and DG discussing that and the future of the defense from a salary cap perspective and coming to that conclusion. But, as I said, that's a debatable point.  You could easily make an equally rational point why RR would not have.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

RR was the biggest advocate for drafting Cam Newton.  So, knowing that a Steve Smith locker room was *never* going to be a Cam Newton locker room, the answer is yes, I believe that.

Ron has a wife and a daughter.  I don't doubt for one little second he wasn't sad to see Greg Hardy's rump walking out the door.

Now you finally get to a debatable point.  The only response I can give to this is that RR, as a former LB, absolutely knows the critical importance of a solid DL in front of them.  So in that regard, at least as a response to your question, yes, I can see RR and DG discussing that and the future of the defense from a salary cap perspective and coming to that conclusion. But, as I said, that's a debatable point.  You could easily make an equally rational point why RR would not have.

Like I said: Believe what you want to believe, but I don't believe for a second that Ron has/had such tunnel vision. 

Thomas Davis has daughters too...as do many an upstanding individual.

On 10/13/2016 at 2:59 PM, The Lobo said:

Man I don't want someone to be out of work but I'm glad this is happening. It's better for the team.

NFL players, simply put, have to go on to 2nd careers.  If he got cut today....he would have done quite well for himself.

Tolbert doesn't deserve a NFL gig at this point 

Archived