• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have noticed Tolbert's decline.

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, CollegePanther said:

I think what a lot of you are failing to realize is a big part of Tolbert's contract extension is his locker room presence... Sometimes it's worth using a roster spot for someone that brings the team togethor and keeps them in good spirits

Then hire him as a coach...he's less than productive as a player.

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The ironic thing is that the run game is the one aspect of the offense that has worked fairly well this year.  

Well the Falcons snapped our 100 yard rushing streak which actually should've been snapped the week before against the Vikings if not for that one Cam run when the game was already over, so it hasn't been working as well as it has before. Granted, Stewart's been out and Oher was out as well but still I don't think we've been as good at running the ball as we were in any of the past 3 years.

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

Well the Falcons snapped our 100 yard rushing streak which actually should've been snapped the week before against the Vikings if not for that one Cam run when the game was already over, so it hasn't been working as well as it has before. Granted, Stewart's been out and Oher was out as well but still I don't think we've been as good at running the ball as we were in any of the past 3 years.

The 100 yard stat is a little misleading though.  Comparing our number to after 5 games last year, we have been behind more, and not protecting leads late in games, so we haven't been running as much.  Plus the quality of the defenses we have faced is better.  But our running backs (and I am not including Cam) have a higher yards per carry average than they did last year at this point.  Not that our run game has been great, but I don't think its been a problem.

3 minutes ago, panthers1234 said:

Our traditional run game has been weak for awhile. If you don't factor Cam our run game would be bottom 10. I had Stew the last 2 years in my fantasy team and I think he was only able to hit 100 yds in about 2 or 3 games. 

You have to consider the effect that having a QB with the most rush attempts in the league has on Stewarts attempts.

36 minutes ago, panthers1234 said:

Our traditional run game has been weak for awhile. If you don't factor Cam our run game would be bottom 10. I had Stew the last 2 years in my fantasy team and I think he was only able to hit 100 yds in about 2 or 3 games. 

Subtract Cam's yards from last year's total, and we were 18th.  And assuming some of Cam's carries would have went to other backs, we would probably be higher.  This year, without Cam's yards, we are still top ten in rushing.  

I noticed his decline before this season and also noticed that we would have saved almost 3 million by cutting him this offseason. Maybe we need a front office who notices things as good as me

Maybe this is worse, but he wasn't even under contract this off-season. He was a FA and we signed him to a new deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

16 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

He should have been benched and then cut after the unforgivable Super Bowl fumble. The play has caused a potential ripple effect and destroyed the condifendence of the Panthers.

Yeah, let's blame one player, on one play, from last year, for the way this season has started.

9 hours ago, Billy Love said:

Ron can't even manage a play/game clock...please don't give him personnel responsibilities too

If you think RR is the only coach that has clock mgmt. problems. You need to watch more than just Panther football.

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

But most rational people would blame the man that actually hires and fires players, first, before they "reach" to the second guy in charge.

Do you actually believe that David Gettleman is cutting players Ron wants to keep on the roster and keeping on the roster players Ron wants to cut?

You're telling me that's what you believe, right?

Archived