• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have noticed Tolbert's decline.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Ouch. That is a bit harsh don't you think?

No, he didn't speak to Steve Smith at all doing that nasty breakup and SS called him out for it. He didn't speak out against Hardy when it happened, when it was obvious he wanted to. He didn't voice his frustration losing Josh, a player he had so much patience with and built over the years to be an amazing player before Gettle came in. He didn't go in on the refs and the NFL after Denver game like I expect every coach should. He dont fire any coaches, but want to cut players. He cuts young players or put them in the dog house, but don't want to cut vets playing terrible unless of course they're not that valuable and speaks out. He also pretty much let D.G go retard in the draft and offseason instead of making the defense better by signing vets and not letting go of key pieces. Ron is a DC coach, thats one thing he should NEVER let get weak. I feel he's a puppet that won't and technically can't speak out. Main reason is because before DG came in and made some pretty some good decisions for our 2013 year, what did Ron do? Nothing, his ass was damn near out the door and Dave saved him and he knows that. So what can he really say, I dont know. But I still prefer a HC that makes it clear he doesn't like what's going on

7 minutes ago, beastson said:

No, he didn't speak to Steve Smith at all doing that nasty breakup and SS called him out for it. He didn't speak out against Hardy when it happened, when it was obvious he wanted to. He didn't voice his frustration losing Josh, a player he had so much patience with and built over the years to be an amazing player before Gettle came in. He didn't go in on the refs and the NFL after Denver game like I expect every coach should. He dont fire any coaches, but want to cut players. He cuts young players or put them in the dog house, but don't want to cut vets playing terrible unless of course they're not that valuable and speaks out. He also pretty much let D.G go retard in the draft and offseason instead of making the defense better by signing vets and not letting go of key pieces. Ron is a DC coach, thats one thing he should NEVER let get weak. I feel he's a puppet that won't and technically can't speak out. Main reason is because before DG came in and made some pretty some good decisions for our 2013 year, what did Ron do? Nothing, his ass was damn near out the door and Dave saved him and he knows that. So what can he really say, I dont know. But I still prefer a HC that makes it clear he doesn't like what's going on

I see that RR didn't live up to you expectations. And you are not alone. Some of the things you say are out of context though. You, like almost everyone else, really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. So all you are really doing is complaining about things outside of your control. It's ok, that's all us fans have.

I have no problem with fans voicing their displeasure. As long as they aren't making things up, I can live with it.

However. letting your emotions run rampant enough to call Ron a "Coward", is just a little harsh to me. The man deserves more respect than that in my eyes. Hellz, most people deserve more respect than that.

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I see that RR didn't live up to you expectations. And you are not alone. Some of the things you say are out of context though. You, like almost everyone else, really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. So all you are really doing is complaining about things outside of your control. It's ok, that's all us fans have.

I have no problem with fans voicing their displeasure. As long as they aren't making things up, I can live with it.

However. letting your emotions run rampant enough to call Ron a "Coward", is just a little harsh to me. The man deserves more respect than that in my eyes. Hellz, most people deserve more respect than that.

I get that but some things are beyond football. Cam hits are beyond football, his treatment needs to be spoken out against. SS carried this franchise for years and he was cut, Ron could have said something knowing that man has family, Ron waited until after SS burnt us in 2014 to say something to him after the game about his family and good luck. Ron never once gave his story, so there's only 1 story here. I'm pretty sure Bene and Damiere got families, they were cut and they were least of our problems during this losing streak. I'm pretty sure if Ron and Dave butted heads on some personnel decisions, we would have heard rumblings. I watched dave dance around in the war room after selecting 3 straight rookie CB's and Ron along with everyone else smiled with him. These are the things I see with my own two eyes and hear with my own two ears and that's my opinion of him as a coach, I'm not going to speak on him as a man but as a coach I feel that.

6 minutes ago, beastson said:

I get that but some things are beyond football. Cam hits are beyond football, his treatment needs to be spoken out against. SS carried this franchise for years and he was cut, Ron could have said something knowing that man has family, Ron waited until after SS burnt us in 2014 to say something to him after the game about his family and good luck. Ron never once gave his story, so there's only 1 story here. I'm pretty sure Bene and Damiere got families, they were cut and they were least of our problems during this losing streak. I'm pretty sure if Ron and Dave butted heads on some personnel decisions, we would have heard rumblings. I watched dave dance around in the war room after selecting 3 straight rookie CB's and Ron along with everyone else smiled with him. These are the things I see with my own two eyes and hear with my own two ears and that's my opinion of him as a coach, I'm not going to speak on him as a man but as a coach I feel that.

Ron, like every team, sends the home office tape of what they believe to be agregous errors. I am almost positive they have sent in tape of Cam being abused.

I am also pretty sure that RR has talked with Cam. We have all heard the stories of Ron having an open door policy. Hellz, his office is right outside the locker room. So thinking they have discussed this is not that much of a stretch.

Just because Ron doesn't talk about things outside the locker room, does not necessarily mean he ignores them completely.

From every thing I have heard. Ron, and Gman have a great working relationship. Their offices are right down the hall from each other. They are like two peas in a pod. But that also does not automatically mean they see eye to eye on everything. But, they do have the same goal. Get this team to the promised land.

Just because from the outside looking in looks bad right now. Does not mean the ship is sinking.

All of this together. Still does not add up to the man being called a "Coward".

10 hours ago, 15 said:

the lack of a true FB is the biggest issue with this offense IMO. Bigger than tackle. 

This offense needs a dynamic FB. Not a RB made FB.

A Mike Alstott or Tom Rathman type FB is what is missing. The problem is college no longer develops those type of players.

Archived