• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have noticed Tolbert's decline.

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Game 1 - 29 snaps

Game 2 - 29 snaps

Game 3 - 17 snaps

Game 4 - 14 snaps

Game 5 - 14 snaps

His snap count actually decreased even though Stewart is injured.

Not a good sign for a guy called the second string running back by Rivera in camp.

Which begs the question...

If they've freakin' noticed, WHY THE 14 SNAPS?

Whats Lee Ward up to these days.  Wish we could bring him in for a workout.

giphy.gif

You could make a whole movie out of these type plays from Tolbert this season even in limited snaps.  Whats his worth to the team now besides vet presence?  

It broke my heart when we cut Brad Hoover back in the day. I thought he had plenty of game left in him, and apparently he did, too. Then he went out to training camps and tryouts and couldn't catch on, even with a great resume on the field. Tough guy, lunchpail type player, caught, blocked and ran with the best fullbacks in the business. But he'd just worn down enough to not make the cuts.

I think maybe Tolbert was at that point after the Superb Owl and no one recognized it in the low effort training camp we had. He was good enough when put up against other players who weren't competing like their lives depended on it. Then you get into the games and well... whiff, whiff, pirouette.

Or maybe he just had too many donuts in the off season. He was never svelte, but he has looked a bit more well fed than before.

17 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

True FB would help or 2nd TE but the tackles also go beat Griffen, Vic Beseley Freaney and just about all the pass rushers we played.  Troy Fumagalli from Wisconsin could be a good draft pick, he is a well rounded  prospect that can play FB/HB/TE with ability to catch. 

Not to burst your bubble, cuz you were on a roll there. But...Williams shut out Beasley. Freeney had him a day against Remmers. Ah hellz, Remmers on the left side is worse than he is on the right. Hopefully, Williams keeps that RT spot. He has had back to back really good games. Allowing us to only have to worry about that pesky LT.

Williams at RT, Oher at LT, ugh, and Remmers to the bench. Remmers is versatile depth. Don't know why I had to add that?

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I think maybe Tolbert was at that point after the Superb Owl and no one recognized it in the low effort training camp we had. He was good enough when put up against other players who weren't competing like their lives depended on it. Then you get into the games and well... whiff, whiff, pirouette.

One more data point for a dedicated indoor training facility.

Stevie Wonder  just called he said he noticed Tolbert was on a decline since 2014. NIce that the coaching staff finally noticed and now they're "only" playing him half as much.  Which is 2 times too much.  Doesn't deserve a roster spot over Byrd   

Give me someone with speed & skills over a fat lazy no blocking fb any day

24 minutes ago, beastson said:

Ron is a coward to me for multiple reasons, but you cut guys that aren't getting playing time cause it's easy to dismiss them but when vets are playing terrible that makes the most sense to cut and find better, you wont

Ouch. That is a bit harsh don't you think?

Archived