• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hoping Gettleman trades for a corner? Well, he can't.

Jeremy Igo

Just in case anyone is still hoping for the Panthers to trade for a decent corner, he can't. 

Trading for a corner now would not only confirm the huge mess he got the Panthers into, but also would prove he was far too slow in correcting the mistake. 

His only option now is to sit tight and pretend there is no problem with the talent in the secondary. 

He's admitted his wrongs before.  If he can help the team by signing any player, he would.  And quite honestly, it's the fans that are mad our expectations haven't been met.  Getts and Ron could have fully expected these growing pains from the secondary, and thus are prepared to stand pat and let them develop.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Just in case anyone is still hoping for the Panthers to trade for a decent corner, he can't. 

Trading for a corner now would not only confirm the huge mess he got the Panthers into, but also would prove he was far too slow in correcting the mistake. 

His only option now is to sit tight and pretend there is no problem with the talent in the secondary. 

Not that I think this is the answer to our woes, but wouldn't adding Charles Tillman to the roster help out with leadership in that position group? It's one of those moves he could make to help the young guys out and fans wouldn't really scoff at because Peanut is liked so well. Peanut seems to be a high-energy guy who could change the mentality of that group. They "seem" to be a very mellow group that could use a bit of personality with a solid veteran who isn't expecting to play every down.

Yea that is pretty terrible IMO...nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake andowning it...i'd hate to think we have upper management who would sit on poo just because they stacked that poo up themselves...makes no sense.

If they could have Joe Thomas/Haden for even a 1st rounder you have to entertain it....those two would plug gigantic holes and would be the type of move that could salvage a 1-4 season...too late though and yea after going 1-5 there is no point anymore. Then again sitting on a top 2 pick could net us a bunch of picks from a QB needy team or a top DE/OT next year so who knows.

It just looks fugin funny now how Gman was saying how he didn't think we needed a bunch of draft picks to fill out the team and they wouldn't make the squad because of the talent....so what is it Gman? If the talent is there then fix the staff.

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The OTs are a mess. The RBs are a mess. His vaunted DTs performance has been underwhelming as are the DEs

there are plenty of things he could address, if he chose 

Again a 4th  rounder given up for a punter as well

the list is long 

for the first time in 16 years of owning season tickets, I am over the organization 

in 8 months,  from the super bowl to the toilet bowl. There is,  was, no excuse for this 

These issues are not new but Rivera and gettleman, 'hey it's just execution,'

No Ron and Dave,  as the saying goes, 'you can put lipstick on a pig; but, it's still a pig'

If possible, at this point I would rather just trade for o-line help, try to get back to high scoring offense with solid ball control and time of possesion and just ride the horses we have on defense.  I think our defensive problems are more complex, (no pass rush, subpar cornerbacks,).  I think our offense could be seriously upgraded with o-line help alone.

Archived