• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McClain looks like the worst DB on the team

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Nick Chubb in the top of the 2nd would give me a chubby.

Bruh, there are going to be so many RBs available next year.  I wouldn't be surprised if Gettlemen double dipped at that position.  Just so he could get rid of J-Stew.  We could wind up with McCaffrey from Stanford still available at the beginning of the 2nd round.  

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Take your pick

Razorblade across your eyelid

Handstand in a pile of poo waist deep for an hour

Take a isopropyl alcohol bath with a thousand paper cuts

Thats how I feel about our DBs right now

Fwiw, only one of those would be fatal...

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I wish Lou made the team over Williams period. He got in too many scuffles (although the Norman/Cam one didn't seem to hurt us last year), but he made plays in camp.

He could be that "edge" that's needed. Cam and Josh's scuffle set the tone. 

22 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I see what you are saying.

But I'm still more disappointed in our front 4 on defense so far this year than our secondary.

I sorta agree but i think the secondary is so bad that a qb is more confident a guy will be open and his 1st read is probably open. So he gets the ball out quicker which offsets any rush.

7 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Our CB's are weak but we're not getting pressure from our front 7. Every QB we've played this year has all day to make a decision. Our front 7 hasn't changed so what the problem there.

It has changed though. Allen didn't get sacks but he did get pressure off the edge, oftentimes forcing QBs right up into KK (who has looked disappointing in his own right).

52 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Rematch the Bucs game. Worley and Sanchez made mistakes, but McClain was out of position more often. Possibly explains Lou Young being brought back in?

What is your take on Lou Young? I feel like Worley and Bradberry will be solid as the year goes on but we need someone better than Mcclain and Sanchez as Nickel/backups

45 minutes ago, SCP said:

Has there ever been a team to go from 15-1 to 1-15? Would you trust Dave with first pick? We'd get a stud DT.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Well it is about the future, right? Not now. Not next year. It is about the future.

So, after KK gets tagged and ruffles Gettleman's feathers, he will be rescinded and allowed to walk. Then when Star demands his money after playing through the fifth year option and the subsequent release of Butler 3 weeks in to the 2018 season, we may need that 2017 1st round DT to step in and start for the team.

All you need are strong DTs and LBs to make for a great defense. There is no way a defensive coordinator would every try to play around that stout center against crappy DEs and DBs.

Archived