• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the best Panthers pass rush D-Line was....

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

Well we have a lot of good LBs and our ends kinda suck. Maybe not a full 3-4 but a hybrid defense?

Been thinking we should run a hybrid lineup on certain looks for a while. Would let us get Cash on the field too, who I think has the ability to be as good as someone like Deone Bucannon (I'm not certain I spelled his name right, I'm not going to look).

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

It shows we have identity problems. Should we be running a 3-4 right now? 

11 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

Well we have a lot of good LBs and our ends kinda suck. Maybe not a full 3-4 but a hybrid defense?

I think this makes sense.  Luke and TD play every down already, and Shaq needs to see more action.  Add Klein and Mayo rotationally, and keep the line fresher.

Could do a 4-6 where we use 3 LBs and Boston or Cash across the middle. I like Boston here as he might jump some routes but I kind of hate him here because he might miss every tackle ever. Cash could look good here. Lets him play that hybrid LB/safety and potentially keeps him up around the line where he is good.

We'd run Coleman back as a Free Safety where he played surprisingly well last year. A healthy Marlowe (he's hurt right?) could look good here too, I would imagine.

This would really ask a lot of our corners, though. It would be an interesting look to mix in.

Archived