• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Undisciplined

Ricky Spanish

That's the word that comes to mind watching this team, and that is on the coaching staff. Too many mental mistakes throughout the season that have just destroyed momentum and drives throughout. Penalties negating positive plays every single drive, poor execution by individual players that aren't working together schematically, dumbass clock management, HORRIBLE play calling, no cohesiveness from either the Offense or Defense... It's complete anarchy out there. I'd say it's due to the young guys on D but the same issues are even more prominent on the Offensive side of the ball.

I know a bunch of people on here want to blame Gettleman for this season, and I will concede that Gettleman could have done more to address the questions on defense this offseason, but it's essentially the same team from last year minus a few vets and Josh Norman.The offense actually IMPROVED on paper when we brought back Benjamin, yet they have been our biggest weakness. I expected SOME regression to the mean, but the overall performance has been so terrible in all facets, I can't blame it all on Gettleman when the same players lead the league in scoring last year and can't move the football 10 yards at a time this year. We can't sustain drives, Shula has no idea how to scheme around the talent he has at his disposal, the QBs have all been undisciplined with the football with their turnovers, and when the team actually does something positive, someone fugs up and negates the play with a penalty. 

The team is completely undisciplined and that's on Rivera and the rest of the coaches. To quote the great Patches O'Houlihan "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to fug a doorknob out there".

We've been shooting ourselves in the foot at the worst times too.  Its one thing to get a penalty but it seems like EVERYTIME we get one is after we make a really nice play and start to get in a flow.  No excuse for the coaches but I can see that demoralizing the hell out of a player

Archived