• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wanted: Blocking Fullback

Jeremy Igo

51 minutes ago, pstall said:

I would take it a step further. Ron doesn't seem to prepare for his opponent differently.  It's the dumb macho gameplan teams.  We gon ruuhn the ball like we always do mane.

In a league that has specifically and intentionally bent its rules to favor the passing game.

BUT RAN DAT BALL GRUNT GRUNT

Was Trai pulling on this play? Was it supposed to be a power, and he just couldn't get around that mess bc we got blown off the ball? The more I look the more that looks like the case... If so that's more of an issue than Tolbert... We've consistently been on the wrong side of the LOS up front offensively and defensively... That's the real issue for us...

Sent from my LG-D851 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is the thing. We have all known Tolbert is awful for quite a while now, yet the coaching staff insists on him being key in these plays. 

WHY>?

pussy coaching staff is worried about locker room fallout if Tolbert is upset.  They lost the team at this point.  Probably a combination of poor coaching and G-man doing nothing to help the team.  He just told everyone yeah no matter how good you are we are going to get the good end of the contract or you can leave like they are lucky to be here.  Could have worked out had our team been better coached and we didn't rely on rookies early in the season but it rolled the other way.  Good job 

I cursed out loud at the TV watching this play. My wife, who knows very little about football even commented "wasn't Tolbert supposed to block that guy".

If performance and conditioning was why Bene was cut, then fuging cut Tolbert ass this week after film review.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

This to me is an example of why Ron, for all the talk of being a players coach, and being an awful situational coach, may end up getting canned. We cut Bene for being apparently out of shape, and lack of effort, but guys like Tolbert, and Remmers are still guaranteed roster spots because they are coaches favorites. There was another guy who was a favorite of Rivera's, it took what seemed like forever for Ron to finally let him go, that was of course before trying him on the OL. Sione Fua. Ugh.

Fua, Bell, Chandler. God damn.

Archived