• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the Worley hate

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I will reserve judgement on a rookie going into his 5th NFL game. The real question is why in the hell has Gettleman not brought in a single Cornerback for a workout. I mean at least show us a sign that you are still trying to win this season.

That would ruin his chances of showing everyone how right his gamble was.

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Again if you watched the game he was underpressure the whole game.  Our dbs "coverage" was nonexistance.  Ryan rarely had more than 3 seconds on his feet.  When he did he connected look at the bomb from the 1 under a min no timeouts where the WR Toasted Norman and the Safety.  How it happened?  He had more than 2-3 seconds to set his feet and launched it up.

Maybe you have short memory or just start following the team.  Our dbs had less talent than now in 2013.  Norman got roasted on the norm.  He pretty much singlehandedly lost us the buffalo game  (got benched for melvin white after and every said he qas in riveras doghouse) to start 2013 that lit the fire under Rivera seat, causing the memoriable next game where the big cat stood on the field pregame and stared down Ron.  But to think our coverage has been the reason we have done so well and shut down Julio Clearly has just started watching the team last year.  Yes Norman was one of the top DBs Last year but the defense was good long before Norman started to blow up.  Yes we lost Norman which is a hit but the pass rush has disappeared along with the safeties looking like Nakamura has turned this into a nightmare.  The WRs ran circles around our dbs in 2013 and the first half of 2014 (Norman staeted to show up late 2014), we still dominated, why?  Because pressure.

But to get back on the topic Worely is going to be good.  Young talented needs a little help from the safeties.  Communication with those guys are key If they even make it to their spot and make the read which Boston has yet to

Do you get off questioning people's football intelligence, memory capacity, or how long they have been a fan because they disagree with you? 

You don't know me or how long I have been a fan (your assumption that I am new is wrong). We have had plenty of defenses in our history that have struggled to get pressure, but they have never given up video game stats like last weekend.

Keep living in the land of woulda, shoulda, and coulda. Our defense was pathetic at every level last week and there is no excuse. I don't doubt the talent of our young DB's (I like Bradberry and Worley a lot, heck I thought we did Bene wrong), but communication, consistency, and discipline they lack (as expected; they are young). This past game was historically one of, if not the worst defensive performance in team history. Our DB's were allowing Julio to run past them KNOWING they were going to throw deep. 

Say what you want about Nakamura, but at least he was within 5 yards of the receiver he was supposed to cover. His lack of athleticism was his downfall.

I don't mind keeping a debate going, but questioning my intelligence, memory capacity, or fan tenure is low brow. We can just stop here if that's what you want to do.

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Do you get off questioning people's football intelligence, memory capacity, or how long they have been a fan because they disagree with you? 

You don't know me or how long I have been a fan (your assumption that I am new is wrong). We have had plenty of defenses in our history that have struggled to get pressure, but they have never given up video game stats like last weekend.

Keep living in the land of woulda, shoulda, and coulda. Our defense was pathetic at every level last week and there is no excuse. I don't doubt the talent of our young DB's (I like Bradberry and Worley a lot, heck I thought we did Bene wrong), but communication, consistency, and discipline they lack (as expected; they are young). This past game was historically one of, if not the worst defensive performance in team history. Our DB's were allowing Julio to run past them KNOWING they were going to throw deep. 

Say what you want about Nakamura, but at least he was within 5 yards of the receiver he was supposed to cover. His lack of athleticism was his downfall.

I don't mind keeping a debate going, but questioning my intelligence, memory capacity, or fan tenure is low brow. We can just stop here if that's what you want to do.

My bad on that comment.  There are a ton people coming out of the woodworks who were all quiet when gettleman has killed it the last 3 years then one bad start and people come out heee sounding like bandwagoners

now Nakamura was wishing 5 yards of the WR but that was also about as close as he got.  Norman love the guy he should have been DPOY last year.  But he was garbage and benched for Melvin White 3 yeas ago (if watched that link to the Falcons highlights, him and Naka both got torched on that long throw to set up the game winner). He was garbage the start of 2 years ago.  Got torches and picked on the Buffalo game and game winner he missed the switch and ran into a teammate leaving the man open with no one 20 yards from him.

Gettleman values his big guys more than him.  We resign Norman, we don't resign KK, Star, and Turner.  Gentleman has done a job patching in DBs and it works.  The previous 2 seasons, when Norman was benched for Melvin White.  Our D was top 5.  Why because the front 7.  Last year Norman was good but hell Kurt Coleman was a probowl Safety last year tied for 2nd in the NFL in ints in this system.  This year while we don't have Norman locking guys down. We have decent young guys like Melvin White's, but the 2 things that are different about this team and the other 3 teams

1. Safety play-in zone safety is responsible for about 35% of the coverage.  Remember the one time the media loves to point where Norman got burned by ODB,  but interviewin Norman he mentions it got passed his area and was supposed to be picked up by the safety.  The safety was out of position made a bad read and Norman had to turn on the jets to try to make up.  Last week several times was even pointed out by the tv guys, Worley and a couple CBs we're getting up and riping Boston.  Luke was even all over him.  And it's no coincidence Ron bumped him back down to 2nd team to a guy they picked up off the st a week ago.  This was just Nakamura where our fans were about to rip their eyes out once the QB got more than 3 seconds because they knew the result, like that Falcons game.  I remember pinning them to the 1 no timeouts under a min and many here freaking out already knowing what was about to happen especially with the DL gassed.

2. DL has been bad bad bad this year.  Norman isn't going to stop the run.  We always have done a helluva job in the front 7.  Has always carried the team.  People are running on us this year.  Setting up the 3rd and shorts. Last year we man handled people's run game setting up the 3rd long where we could peel back much like the Broncos liked to do to us in the Super Bowl.  I begged for us to draft a DE but it didn't happen.  Gettleman thought we had bigger needs.  Especially with Norman gone, Peanut retiring, and Bebe coming off a bad Iniury. Meanwhile Ealy finishing strong to end the year, setting a Super Bowl record and would have been SBMVP had we pulled it out.  Now he has disappeared.

its easy to point to Norman but you look back at what has carried this D last year and start looking at those spots. You realize the big problem.

understand you love Norman. But agree to disagree here that he would have completely changed the D this year

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

My projection of Worley is based off of what i've seen of him as an athlete on the pros.  Nothing else.  

As an athlete he doesnt seem very explosive, nor fluid.  He seems very stiff, lacks natural instincts for playing the ball and/or jumping routes, and he lacks the speed and quickness to close and make up the difference.

Maybe it is just getting acclimated, but he has looked horrible and unworthy of a spot on the active roster.  And if he dominated in college as some claim, he wouldnt been there in the 5th round coming out of a school like WV.  Again, maybe he turns it around, but I don't see anything that he's shown thus far that make that a likely turn of events for him.

I have more faith in Sanchez than I do in Worley.

I agree. Don't think he has what it takes.

Might make a hell of a safety though ... And we could use one about now 

Archived