• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the Worley hate

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

The dude got sacked 7 times that game just 2 less than we have had for the season.  He was getting wrecked.  If he could sit back in the pocket untouched like last week.  We couldve been a mirror image of last week. The WRs ran circles around our dbs then like they did now.

Unless all those sacks happened in 2-3 seconds, it is safe to assume that coverage can also help pass rushers reach their target.

But the point is, you are dealing with "could've" situations, and I am looking at 500 and 300 actual yards that actually happened. 

22 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

I know it's not gospel but does anyone have his stats from PFF? 

Sometimes we have a tendency to notice when a player makes a mistake (especially at CB/ST)  but discount all the properly defended plays. 

I think he's played pretty well for a rookie but don't have anything other than the eye test to back it up. 

Until someone you trust tells you otherwise, and can actually back it up with actual facts and such. Trusts your eyes. You are seeing exactly what every other Huddler is seeing. If you see him playing well, go with that. Don't let people on a message board, with probably the same level of comprehension you possess, tell you differently.

The unhappy Huddlers who are complaining right now, have no more expertise than you do. Don't let them sway your thinking. Go with what you see. And then, don't listen to trolls who are just trying to harsh your buzz.

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Unless all those sacks happened in 2-3 seconds, it is safe to assume that coverage can also help pass rushers reach their target.

But the point is, you are dealing with "could've" situations, and I am looking at 500 and 300 actual yards that actually happened. 

Again if you watched the game he was underpressure the whole game.  Our dbs "coverage" was nonexistance.  Ryan rarely had more than 3 seconds on his feet.  When he did he connected look at the bomb from the 1 under a min no timeouts where the WR Toasted Norman and the Safety.  How it happened?  He had more than 2-3 seconds to set his feet and launched it up.

Maybe you have short memory or just start following the team.  Our dbs had less talent than now in 2013.  Norman got roasted on the norm.  He pretty much singlehandedly lost us the buffalo game  (got benched for melvin white after and every said he qas in riveras doghouse) to start 2013 that lit the fire under Rivera seat, causing the memoriable next game where the big cat stood on the field pregame and stared down Ron.  But to think our coverage has been the reason we have done so well and shut down Julio Clearly has just started watching the team last year.  Yes Norman was one of the top DBs Last year but the defense was good long before Norman started to blow up.  Yes we lost Norman which is a hit but the pass rush has disappeared along with the safeties looking like Nakamura has turned this into a nightmare.  The WRs ran circles around our dbs in 2013 and the first half of 2014 (Norman staeted to show up late 2014), we still dominated, why?  Because pressure.

But to get back on the topic Worely is going to be good.  Young talented needs a little help from the safeties.  Communication with those guys are key If they even make it to their spot and make the read which Boston has yet to

I don't think he is awful. You do see them 5 yards behind the WR but that seems like the coaches telling them not to give up the big play. He isn't afraid to tackle, has a killer instinct. Just green as fug. It just gives me anxiety knowing the other team is laughing at how they can just throw the ball around and drive down the field 

He's a rookie and he's going to make mistakes...blah blah, I think everybody understands that. But this organization has put our team in a spot early on that at this point needs as few mistakes as possible. I'm all for Worley getting some PT and learning but at what cost to a team that is 1-3 and 2.5 games back in division before tonight. I hope he plays lights out I really do but what choice do we really have? 

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

He wasn't perfect from his first play as a rookie in the NFL. Therefore he is complete trash and will never be any good no matter what happens. Nobody ever improves in the NFL. They are what they are from the very beginning.

Or at least that's what some of our resident screamers would have you believe (see above).

Ryan Kalil says otherwise but what does he know? All he ever did was have a successful pro football career. If he would have sat in front of his computer making complaints on an internet message board, then maybe I could take him seriously.

I will reserve judgement on a rookie going into his 5th NFL game. The real question is why in the hell has Gettleman not brought in a single Cornerback for a workout. I mean at least show us a sign that you are still trying to win this season.

11 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I will reserve judgement on a rookie going into his 5th NFL game. The real question is why in the hell has Gettleman not brought in a single Cornerback for a workout. I mean at least show us a sign that you are still trying to win this season.

That would go against the whole going with youth thing.

My projection of Worley is based off of what i've seen of him as an athlete on the pros.  Nothing else.  

As an athlete he doesnt seem very explosive, nor fluid.  He seems very stiff, lacks natural instincts for playing the ball and/or jumping routes, and he lacks the speed and quickness to close and make up the difference.

Maybe it is just getting acclimated, but he has looked horrible and unworthy of a spot on the active roster.  And if he dominated in college as some claim, he wouldnt been there in the 5th round coming out of a school like WV.  Again, maybe he turns it around, but I don't see anything that he's shown thus far that make that a likely turn of events for him.

I have more faith in Sanchez than I do in Worley.

Archived