• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the Worley hate

Jeremy Igo

Has he played that bad? I don't see it. The worst play was Julio Jones long bomb in which he should have had safety help. 

He has played pretty well, hasn't he?

I have also been wondering why he's gotten so much hate. I thought he has played well and has made some nice breaks on the ball. He will only get better.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

It's pretty simple, really:

a) He's a Rookie and will be making some rookie mistakes

b) He's not Josh Norman

c) Some folks like to smash anyone they can when the team isn't winning, and he's an easy target.

Put those three together, and it can lead to a very high amount of vitriol in some folks who have absolutely zero patience.

The one who should be getting everyone's ire is McDermott. Exactly why are we not compensating for these faster receivers with more help over the top? If it's execution, why aren't we changing it up and putting someone else out there to cover the top spot? Since when does it help to play 10 yards off the man, when the opposition likes to run timing routes? Wouldn't it be better to have them bump at the line, and let the safety clean it up, if need be?

Simple questions that I haven't seen mentioned yet, that I would love some answers to directly from the coach himself.

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Oh no no, look at this moron trying to pull the old switcheroo. You were specifically detailing your how their is commentary and how some other non sense about a injured player. I called you out and you never responded. How fast do we forget.

Like I said go back to the Gettleman circle jerk in the all pro forum, you have been getting humiliated this whole week. It's pretty sad seeing you grasp at straws 

Would you like me to find the post?

Just now, Raskle said:

The one who should be getting everyone's ire is McDermott. Exactly why are we not compensating for these faster receivers with more help over the top? If it's execution, why aren't we changing it up and putting someone else out there to cover the top spot? Since when does it help to play 10 yards off the man, when the opposition likes to run timing routes? Wouldn't it be better to have them bump at the line, and let the safety clean it up, if need be?

For that matter why not put the blame on Rivera ?  The guy is supposed to be a defensive mastermind - can he not see that we needed to make adjustments last game - why didnt we?

1 minute ago, Paa Langfart said:

For that matter why not put the blame on Rivera ?  The guy is supposed to be a defensive mastermind - can he not see that we needed to make adjustments last game - why didnt we?

Agreed.. Rivera isn't above reproach as well, and honestly, I've not had seen much of the Riverboat in a while. Last year, we didn't need it, but this year, there's been a couple of times I've wondered why we're not playing to win, and more like playing not to lose again. You'd have figured he'd learned to not be soft anymore, especially after the Colts and Packers games last year.

Ah the Huddle.

Yeah, he is a rookie so we expect some mistakes, but overall, he has had some really good plays so he may just work out.

No man, he sux.

So what is it? Is he a rookie with room to grow? Or does he just sux, and needs to go? I demand answers.

I trust what I see. And I have seen him play well at times, and not so well at others. But...I in no way see a kid that suxs. So I am going with the "He he has a chance to be pretty good." Teamed with Bradberry, we may be alright back there for the future.

One guy hated on Worley, so the rest followed suit. 

The rookie didn't play like a pro bowler in his first game with significant playing time, so he HAS to be a bust, right? 

We all know Josh Norman came out and shut people down day one, right? Oh.... Wait... It took him years.

I know it's not gospel but does anyone have his stats from PFF? 

Sometimes we have a tendency to notice when a player makes a mistake (especially at CB/ST)  but discount all the properly defended plays. 

I think he's played pretty well for a rookie but don't have anything other than the eye test to back it up. 

Archived