• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've got a really bad feeling about tonight.

Jeremy Igo

Sorry Jeremy, i've had that same feeling since the Superbowl was stolen from us.

As i always say, i dont give up until the fat lady sings, but the first 4 weeks have done nothing to make me feel any more optimistic...  i hope we turn it around, but thus far, this seems like one of those team years where what can go wrong, does go wrong.  I'm worried the story coming out of this game will be how Jameis ate up our secondary quicker than a trove of stolen crab legs and is surely the next Tom Brady.  

Luckily we've got Derek Anderson and some good receiving targets. He's played well against the Bucs in his career, but that's no guarantee of performance this time. I'm just hoping he pulls off one of those miracle wins we haven't seen since Jake Delhomme was in his early years here.

But man, it's going to be rough with Oher on the sidelines working on his next screenplay, JStew spending more time on a stationary bike than Lance Armstrong on house arrest, and Cam working on the Dan Morgan Helmet of Excellence award. 

Maybe we can be Minnesota Lite or something...

14 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Here's what I'm talking about 

"Both teams lost Week 1 in primetime on a missed field goal to a team that played in the AFC Championship.

The Cardinals won week 2 convincingly against the Buccanneers.

The Panthers won week 2 convincingly against the 49ers.

Both teams lost week 3

Both teams lost to a divisional rival in week 4, both teams lost their starting QB to concussion in the 4th quarter of this game, and both backup QBs threw interceptions that effectively lost this game.

The Cardinals won week 5 against the 49erswith their backup QB starting

The Panthers (remains to be seen) Week 5 against the Buccanneers with their backup QB starting (Newton expected to miss game)

A couple more weird stats:

Cam Newton and Carson Palmer both have thrown for 6 TDs and 5 INT, and their QB rating is within a few points (80.2, 81.9).

Both teams' 1st round draft picks in 2016, both defensive tackles (Robert Nkemdiche and Vernon Butler) have missed time this season with ankle injuries."

The similarities between our season so far with that of Zona has been Twilight Zone odd….

Archived