• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've got a really bad feeling about tonight.

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Here's what I'm talking about 

"Both teams lost Week 1 in primetime on a missed field goal to a team that played in the AFC Championship.

The Cardinals won week 2 convincingly against the Buccanneers.

The Panthers won week 2 convincingly against the 49ers.

Both teams lost week 3

Both teams lost to a divisional rival in week 4, both teams lost their starting QB to concussion in the 4th quarter of this game, and both backup QBs threw interceptions that effectively lost this game.

The Cardinals won week 5 against the 49erswith their backup QB starting

The Panthers (remains to be seen) Week 5 against the Buccanneers with their backup QB starting (Newton expected to miss game)

A couple more weird stats:

Cam Newton and Carson Palmer both have thrown for 6 TDs and 5 INT, and their QB rating is within a few points (80.2, 81.9).

Both teams' 1st round draft picks in 2016, both defensive tackles (Robert Nkemdiche and Vernon Butler) have missed time this season with ankle injuries."

stymie_spanky02.gif

After last week, I've become more and more numb to things I can't control.  If the Panthers win, yay.  If they lose, at least I still have a pretty awesome life!  

Does this feel like a completely snake bit season?  It's really starting to feel that way.  Last year, we got those little play which helped us win.  This year, we're not getting them.  Is real NFL success really just lucky neck-beard hair?

I feel like a lot of things have simply shifted.  But tonight, we're starting our best Pirate Hunter as QB.  So I think we'll pull it out!  I mean, everyone wants to see how DA does as a starter, right?  Because he's a better option than the MVP?

Rose Colored Outlook - Hey, tonight DA rallies the troops, we get the W, and we remember what it's  like to be a good team =)  11-5, torch the playoffs as a 3rd-5th Seed (depending on Atlanta's implosion) as we curb stomp the AFC rep and hoist the Lombardi Trophy over our heads as we let this first month of the season fade away into memory....

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

My gut is telling me this is a Panthers loss tonight. 

Someone, please, talk me out of it. Or at the least post some gifs to cheer me up. 

Trying to get them views $$$. If you want to get rid of the bad feelings write an article about how DW is the future and should take over Remmers once Oher returns. Repent for your sins Igo. P.S. my prediction about ATL vs broncos was right especially the RBs & my prediction for this game is a Panthers W.

We have faced murderers row so far this year and could easily be 3-1.  Should be 2-2.  Im absolutely sure we grind out a win tonight.  Winston will probably get a big chunk of yards but I think we can turn him over also.  Look for DA to have a big game and KB and Olsen to perform.  This team has to much veteran leadership, we wont just roll over.

Panthers 31

Bucs 27

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

We are playing like its the 2nd week of training camp and lost to 3 pretty good teams.

I think tonight it turns around.  The sloppiness, missed assignments, penalties, will tell us early

Second week of training camp everyone covering camp was telling us how great everything looked.

4 minutes ago, csx said:

Second week of training camp everyone covering camp was telling us how great everything looked.

It's like watching a good band when their music is incredibly tight.  We have not been there yet this year.  We have been horribly sloppy even while beating SF.

If we start cleaning up our mistakes, penalties, the rest is gonna fall in place

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

My gut is telling me this is a Panthers loss tonight. 

Someone, please, talk me out of it. Or at the least post some gifs to cheer me up. 

I can't.

I think the Ghost of Tampa Mike Shula gon' be skrong tonight in Carolina Mike Shula.  :(

Archived